fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Add metadata to shared clip 25 Jan 2022 17:32 #118632

Hi all. I have a workflow that requires me to export many clips from a larger video, and later be able to see where those clips occurred in the original.

It would be incredibly useful to me to be able to export the clips so that the metadata contains both the filename of the original clip, and the timecode of the exported selection. Is there any way to readily do this?

I currently use a custom shortcut to copy the timecode at my range inpoint and paste it as the title of my export, then later batch edit the names of the exported clips to include the original file title.

I would really prefer this info to appear in metadata if possible. And ideally to happen automatically when I export a range. Any ideas? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Add metadata to shared clip 25 Jan 2022 20:09 #118634

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
If it's something you'll need to refer back to over and over, I'd just select all, make a compound, then Favorite the ranges, then custom name those ranges. No need for timecode, just names. They'll all be listed in the browser for you after that.

Add metadata to shared clip 25 Jan 2022 21:00 #118638

Not sure if we're quite on the same page here.

I do actually need to export the clips; they are for inclusion in a database.

Ultimately I'm looking for the most efficient workflow for exporting a clip that says which file it came from and starting at what timecode.

• Page: