fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

retime audio for "turntable power off" i.e. slowdown effect 22 Jan 2022 09:59 #118598

Hi everyone,
Having no luck googling or youtubing this because all I get back are speed ramping tutorials.

I'm trying to edit audio to have a "turntable power off" effect to match footage going into slow motion. I know that what I'm looking for is called pitch shifter in adobe audition - there is a turntable power off effect preset that achieves what I'm after.

I've unsuccessfully played with the pitch shifters inside FCP so if anyone has some audio engineering wisdom they could drop on me that would be much appreciated :)

FYI i've already tried simply re-timing the clip.. it doesnt have the same effect.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by marconoe.

retime audio for "turntable power off" i.e. slowdown effect 23 Jan 2022 04:26 #118612

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Did this years ago using key frames adjusting various pitch parameters but it was work and wasn't really happy with the output and I can't recall how I did it.

Izotope makes a free VST plugin called VINYL but your app needs to access the VST plugin folder. Works natively with Davinci but that means round tripping your audio.

www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html

Audacity can do it but you'll need to grab the TURNTABLEWARP effect and then spend time fiddling with the individual parameters to tweak it to your liking. I use Logic Pro because this linear spin up and variable spin down took but ten seconds pulling the curves.

Attachments:

Last edit: by VTC.

retime audio for "turntable power off" i.e. slowdown effect 24 Jan 2022 01:46 #118614

Thanks VTC - I feared it would be something that required Audition or Logic Pro to do easily!

retime audio for "turntable power off" i.e. slowdown effect 24 Jan 2022 02:36 #118616

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Are you a decisive editor? What I mean by that is do you have maybe two approaches in mind and can make a decisive creative decision without bouncing back and forth between all the countless possibilities?

If so then send me the audio file after which I'll do my magic on it and bounce it back to you. It's rare for me to revisit a particular edit decision on my own stuff more than twice however if a client wants to vacillate the nuances of this versus that I subtly remind them the flag's down and the meter's running.

Here's the audio file of that eight second clip. Close out the Sign-In / Sign Up BS and play the file. (Hope clicking works. If not copy /paste the DB URL)

Hello. Mr. Bell 

Last edit: by VTC.
  • Page: