fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Solid black image gets odd distortion when rendered as a movie 20 Jan 2022 00:46 #118548

It's an odd problem I'm having that I can't figure out. I make a video that starts with a plain black screen, I use a black jpg. I fade in to the rest of the video and the first black image now has this weird, blotchy, greenish, fuzzy, hexagon kind of pattern all over it. I tried different black images, even made my own solid black in Photoshop. I tried it without the fade in. It always happens. It looks terrible on the big screen. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Solid black image gets odd distortion when rendered as a movie 20 Jan 2022 01:30 #118549

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Try using an FCP generator to create the black screen.

Solid black image gets odd distortion when rendered as a movie 20 Jan 2022 02:08 #118550

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Any reason you don't use a slug in the TL instead then cross dissolve / adjust opacity instead of this problematic JPG? The whole line of thinking behind using an image instead has me stumped.

Solid black image gets odd distortion when rendered as a movie 20 Jan 2022 05:25 #118554

Have used slugs, called gap clips in FCP, and dissolves without problems. Press Option W to insert it or select it off the Edit Menu.

Last edit: by Larrie. Reason: Updated.

Solid black image gets odd distortion when rendered as a movie 21 Jan 2022 00:44 #118568

I appreciate the tips. I really enjoy FCP but I'm mostly self taught. This is the first I'm hearing of gap clips. I will give that a shot.

• Page: