fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Broadcast MXF Export 19 Jan 2022 22:39 #118543

Hi everyone. Newbie here. Recently I've edited six hunting/fishing shows for broadcast here in Canada. I've never edited for broadcast before, and am really having trouble finding information regarding audio mixing in FCPX for broadcast. For each show, the channel requires:

AUDIO - 48K 24BIY
- CH 1 - STEREO LEFT
- CH 2 - STEREO RIGHT
- CH 3 - VO
- CH 4 - SOT
- CH 5 - MUSIC/EFX - LEFT
- CH 6 - MUSIC/EFX - RIGHT
- CH 7 - STEREO MIX minus VO - LEFT
- CH 8 - STEREO MIX minus VO - RIGHT

I am a relatively new editor (this is a new project for my friend and I) but really want to ensure I am doing this correctly. I have a few questions about pre-export sound editing as well.

Are there any members out there who could perhaps take a phone call with me or would be interested in a few demo Zoom sessions? Would definitely consider paying an hourly rate. I want to get really good at FCPX editing and the YouTube tutorials are great but it's hard to find exactly the info I am looking for.

Thanks, hope this is a suitable post for the forum.

Andy B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Broadcast MXF Export 19 Jan 2022 23:30 #118544

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Create an audio roll for each of those. Then assign your audio in the Timeline to those rolls. When you export, in the export window, in the Rolls tab, you'll select the rolls you need them there.

Broadcast MXF Export 19 Jan 2022 23:39 #118547

Thanks Ben, I was able to figure that out. FCPX makes it quite simple, which is good. What about the LEFT, RIGHT requirements? Do I need to pan to the left (and pan to the right)? Thanks again for your quick response.

Broadcast MXF Export 20 Jan 2022 02:13 #118551

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
LEFT means left channel only. RIGHT means right channel only all across the 8 channel board, not simply a stereo channel labeled something it's not.

Last edit: by VTC.

Broadcast MXF Export 20 Jan 2022 06:13 #118556

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Yes, pan left and right as directed, correct.

• Page: