fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 19 Jan 2022 15:27 #118537

• RBF1965
  • RBF1965's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Folks,
So I have just recovered my movie from lock up hell using audio plug ins that were not overly compatible with FCPX. Now I need a good audio edit and mix program or plugin. What are you all using?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 19 Jan 2022 15:34 #118538

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Logic Pro X

But to really answer this question properly, what are your specific audio needs? Reverb reduction, noise reduction, enhancement, compression to match deliverable specs?

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 19 Jan 2022 20:06 #118541

• RBF1965
Specifically noise reduction, voice enhancement and over all sound mix

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 19 Jan 2022 23:35 #118546

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Built-in noise reduction sucks, look for a third-party noise reduction filter, such as CrumplePop or such.

For voice enhancement, the Channel EQ from Logic that is accessible inside of FCP is really good.

Overall sound mixing, well, you'll get different opinions on that. Depends on how complex it is. Some very basic mixing is easy enough inside of FCPX by just adjusting the levels of each clip. Or create a Compound, then in the Timeline Index, click "Show Audio Lanes". Then you can adjust levels by audio Roll. If you use this method, do it last, after you have locked in your edits. Because you can't adjust audio this way and also adjust your edits at the same time.

Last edit: by JoeEditor.

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 20 Jan 2022 02:43 #118552

Filters I use and love:
isotope RX 8 De-Click, De-Clip, De-hum, Voice-Denoise. You get those as a package.
Klangfreund: LUFS Meter 2
Wave Arts: Final Plug 6
for general EQ as Ben said the build in 'Channel Eq' is very good and has some great presets for voice.
For Levels I also use the build in Compressor and Limiter. I have build my own combinations for female or male voices and saved them as a new preset so I can apply them all at once.
That's it.
I mix as I go on per clip base, after lock off I make a compound of all and use the method Ben mentioned and apply final touches via the role components, eg. maybe adjust the music levels slightly and place the 'Final Plug 6' or LUFS Meter 2 (depending on delivery) on the master.

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 20 Jan 2022 04:28 #118553

• RBF1965
Thanks for the excellent advice! Crumple Pop had exactly what I needed and FCP loves it.

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 07 Feb 2022 22:38 #118867

Another vote for CrumplePop. I didn't expect Audiodenoise AI to work as well as it does. But it does. Been waiting for RX to become Apple Silicon-compatible. The CrumplePop tool really delivers.

Tom

What are the best Audio Correct / Mix plugins or Program for FCP. X? 10 Feb 2022 21:05 #118944

I use a couple.
Fab Filter... EQ and others.
And Izotope for corrections - but you need a degree in sound engineering to learn how to work it.
If there is an issue I drag clip to Adobe to do what I need to do and re bounce it out.

• Page: