fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to optimise FCP for M1-Max 18 Jan 2022 22:19 #118523

I received my new M1-Max 32g MBP yesterday and transferred everything from the iMac Pro to the MBP.

Q1: Are there any steps/settings to tweak in FCP to optimise under the M1 architecture?
Q2: Updated NeatVideo Reduce Noise v5 to the latest. It doesn't seem to detect any GPUs! How come?
Q3: I have some incompatible plugins, but I can't figure out how to REMOVE them! E.g. Hawaiki Keyer 4.5 Trial version from FxFactory. I have removed it in FxFactory so now the icons are just red (missing contents) but I can't delete the icons or the folder. I have manually deleted these under Motion and Effects, but I must be missing something!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to optimise FCP for M1-Max 19 Jan 2022 04:20 #118532

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
1. Not really.
2. I'd contact NeatVideo and ask them.
3. By red icons, do you mean in the effects browser, or on the clips themselves? Be sure you're running the latest version of FxFactory. Unchecking the "Load On This System" box should remove that item. And do that while FCP is NOT running.

How to optimise FCP for M1-Max 19 Jan 2022 04:24 #118533

I did. use FxFactory while FCP was closed. I also sent msg to NeatVideo. Will post their reply.

How to optimise FCP for M1-Max 19 Jan 2022 13:40 #118534

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 513

... steps/settings to tweak in FCP to optimise under the M1 architecture...

No special steps to tweak FCP for Apple Silicon, except make sure all plugins are compatible and (if available) update them. If you normally use background rendering or create proxies, in many cases M1 Max is so fast that is no longer necessary.

....Updated NeatVideo Reduce Noise v5 to the latest. It doesn't seem to detect any GPUs! How come?....

There is an updated version for Apple Silicon which uses the GPU, version 5.4.11 (SR). However after installing it you must run the built-in Neat Video performance optimization tool in the Neat Video menu Tools>Preferences>Performance>Optimize Settings. That will recommend a mix of CPU cores and GPU, so pick the recommended configuration. The latest version of Neat Video on M1 Max is much faster than the same version on my 10-core Vega 64 iMac Pro.

....I have some incompatible plugins, but I can't figure out how to REMOVE them! E.g. Hawaiki Keyer 4.5 Trial version from FxFactory....

Normally FxFactory should remove them, and after you re-launch FCP the red icons should be gone. If that doesn't work, here is a video by Jenn Jager with some suggestions:

Last edit: by joema.

How to optimise FCP for M1-Max 20 Jan 2022 06:05 #118555

Thanks for replying!

I did upgrade to NeatVideo SR. I am working my way through the other plugins - just had to buy RX9, for example!

• Page: