fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Change resolution of transitions? 17 Jan 2022 14:30 #118483

• Joeri
  • Joeri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all!

Is it possible to change the resolution of existing transition templates? Some transitions act funky when applied to widescreen footage in stead of normal 4K resolution footage. When using it on widescreen footage the sides of the images get mirrored. Is this possible in motion? Even when it is a purchased transition template?

Pic 1 without mirrored edges
Pic 2 with mirrored edges

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Joeri.

Change resolution of transitions? 18 Jan 2022 02:35 #118493

Not knowing your specific Project setting I would assume you can change transition project dimensions in Motion to match your FCP Project dimension.
Most like though not for bought ones as they prevent you from opening them in Motion (otherwise everybody could re-engineer them).

Change resolution of transitions? 18 Jan 2022 14:52 #118502

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Simple Video Making, BretFX, FCPX Full Access, LenoFX, PremiumVFX, Stupid Raisins, XEffects, Ryan Nagle, industrial revolution, SugarFX, CoreMelt VFX Market, FxFactory, there's tons of quality developers to check out.

If they are made directly in Motion, you can right-click them and "Open A Copy In Motion" to modify yourself.
If they are coded with FxPlug and/or Xcode, you can't do that.
Most transitions should be resolution independent, though, but not all. I may only be a matter of change aspect ratio.

Last edit: by JoeEditor.

Change resolution of transitions? 24 Jan 2022 00:16 #118613

• Joeri
  • Joeri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

If they are made directly in Motion, you can right-click them and "Open A Copy In Motion" to modify yourself.
If they are coded with FxPlug and/or Xcode, you can't do that.

Apparently they have been made in Motion since I can open them. Will try to change the resolution there and see if it works, thanks!

• Page: