fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Selecting a text box in full screen playback inconsistentcy? 14 Jan 2022 05:34 #118441

Perhaps somebody can shed light on how to get FCP to consistently select a text box when viewing in full screen playback.

My project is a lot of text boxes and photos in a timeline. I want to stop the full screen playback to select and edit a text box or just to reposition it. FCP allows me to do that "a lot of the time" but too often it will not recognize the mouse click to select it despite repeated attempts.

I am not sure why it is not allowing me to select the text box. The program does not seem to be rendering when I select it.

Also when repositioning something a yellow horizontal or vertical yellow repositioning line will appear also not consistently. I can drag the box up or down and sometimes nothing will appear. Is there a plugin that would always display during my edit playback mode? It would be easier to position things in the small viewer or FS if positioning markings were always displayed.

Thanks Rich

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Selecting a text box in full screen playback inconsistentcy? 14 Jan 2022 13:56 #118448

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 686
The title clip has to be selected in the timeline first.

Selecting a text box in full screen playback inconsistentcy? 15 Jan 2022 05:21 #118466

The yellow alignment lines show you when the text box is centered in the frame or one edge is on the center line. They do not otherwise show .

• Page: