fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need Help Adjusting a Keyframe in Object Tracking 13 Jan 2022 19:11 #118434

I love the new Object Tracking feature, but I'm having a little trouble manually adjusting a track.

Here is what I am doing:

1. I select the clip I want to track, open the inspector, and add a new tracker.
2. I adjust the tracker in the viewer to be roughly the same size as the object I want to track and hit analyze.
3. I then add another clip (in this instance a png image) above the first clip, resize and position it, and then set it to follow the track I just created.

95% of the time everything works great!

But every so often, the track gets lost (especially if the object is moving onto or off the screen).

If I manually adjust the track (by resizing and positioning the tracking rectangle on the screen) immediately after step 2 above, then everything still seems to work great.

But, if I try to adjust the track after step 3, the track will adjust, but the clip that's supposed to be following the track, doesn't change. It just continues to follow the original track, even though I can see that I have definitely adjusted the track.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Is there a better way to adjust a track after a clip is already following it?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: