fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Browser Weirdness 12 Jan 2022 15:31 #118404

Hey all... I am getting some strange stuff happening with my project icons in the browser. Can't really explain so I've attached a screenshot. Seems to happen mostly when it's a 4K project but it happens in 1080p sometimes as well. It also happens on the icon for a compound clip. Timeline is fine, output is fine. Just that stacked image in the icon. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to make it go away? FYI - I did a complete reinstall of FCPX over the holiday downtime and it's still happening.)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Petty.

Browser Weirdness 12 Jan 2022 20:27 #118408

You could try deleting the render files: select the library in the browser, choose File->Delete Generated Library Files...

You could also try deleting FCP preferences: hold option and command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences... then reopen the library you were working on, set the prefs back to the way you like (disable background render, etc.) and see if the problem is resolved.

Browser Weirdness 12 Jan 2022 20:56 #118409

Thanks for the input but let me reiterate...I just did a clean install of FCPX and imported in one clip to see if this problem persisted from my previous FCPX. So I know the prefs are fine (or should be on a new install) and there would only be one render file for this clip. So, yes I dumped that, and the weird imagining on the icon is still happening. Some additional info...this started happening when I upgraded to 10.6.1 on Big Sur. So in the interim I updated the OS to Monterey and then did the clean install of FCPX and the problem persists.

Browser Weirdness 12 Jan 2022 21:37 #118410

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 702
Unless you used FCS Remover, only moved the app itself into the trash, lots of other system files may not have been updated, since they already existed.

• Page: