fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 12 Dec 2021 12:19 #117941

• seanp
  • seanp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Just upgraded to an M1pro macbook, and missing crumplepop's Better stabilizer. Looks as though they have no plans to update it to Apple silicon. Are there any M1 compatible plugin's available yet? I need to be able to stabilize short sections of multicam clips, not the whole angle as FCPX seems to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 12 Dec 2021 13:09 #117942

Doesn’t stabilizing in the project work? Or do you need even shorter sections?

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 12 Dec 2021 13:14 #117943

• seanp
I'm a wedding videographer, and for example I move monopod of one of the angles multiple times mid wedding, stabilising the 50 minute clip doesn't make a lot of sense. I just need something to even out some monopod wobbles as they settle down. Also I find that the FCP stabilizer doesn't produce results I like the look of, a bit jelly like.

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 12 Dec 2021 13:33 #117944

You don’t have to stabilize the entire 50 minutes if you cut it into segments in the multicam editor, or if you apply the stabilization to the cut clips in the project.

Try out Lock and Load from CoreMelt.

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 12 Dec 2021 15:51 #117945

• seanp
Yeah I know I can do that, but it's a lot of extra work to add to my workflow, as I have to keep dipping into the clip everytime I want to stabilize a clip, also I find FCPX stabilization a but floaty, and not very natural. Better stabilizer works for me 90% of the time. Lock and load isn't M1 compatible yet, but they say it is close.

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 19 Dec 2021 14:51 #118055

Lock & Load Not yet compatible? Uh-oh. I have a problem. (just upgraded to M1)

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 19 Dec 2021 15:01 #118058

• seanp
there is a workaround, but you have to run FCP in Rosetta, i.e. run the Intel code in an emulator... sorta defeats the purpose.

coremelt.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-corem...-on-apple-m1-silicon

The say they are working on an M1 version. Hope it's not too long. I used Pixel Film studios stabilizer, and it worked ok, but the workflow was time-consuming an a little tedious.
store.pixelfilmstudios.com/product/fcpx-stabilizer/

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 02 Jul 2022 19:18 #121205

Another reason to use these plugins is that you can't do a stabilize on a multicam clip. One of the most puzzling shortcomings of FCPX.

If I'm editing multicam and I want to stabilize something, I have to go into the multicam clip, chop out the bit I've already edited in the timeline, and then stabilize and pop back out into the timeline. If I adjust the edges of that clip, I have to pop in and re-adjust the edges inside the multicam clip again. It's very finicky, and if I do a trim without paying close attention I might end up with hiccups in the final product where I extended a cut and forgot to hop in and readjust the stabilized clip.

Also, the work of stabilizing little bits of a long clip, then keyframing the stuff outside that clip to match the zoom on the stabilized bit - ugh. Better to have a stabilizer plugin that can automatically go from zero stabilization to stabilization and back to zero smoothly with its own keyframes. So much less work.

I shoot live events like the OP here and it's almost every show where I have to stabilize a few seconds here and there within an hour long shot. BetterStabilizer was a godsend, I spent $99 on it last year and then upgraded the laptop - boom it doesn't work! This has cost me hours of futzing.

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 03 Jul 2022 17:10 #121216

• seanp
Flick, totally on the same page. I'm now using Lock and Load, it's OK and I can get the job done. I am however having lots of problems with plugins using a lot of memory, and running out, only for the plugins to be disabled, either when editing or exporting. It happens with most plugins, including lock and load, paintx, color finale, cinema grade, so it looks like a final cut thing, perhaps something to do with my hard drives, but it's totally driving me nuts at the moment!

Apple Silicon, M1 compatible stabilization plugin 03 Jul 2022 22:44 #121218

Ack!

I guess I would try making sure you have at least 10% space available on your system drive (old habit). Then reboot, start up fcpx and render your whole timeline in full quality. Then you can troubleshoot each clip one by one, render when satisfied, and when they all play back nicely you should be able to export because the render files don’t need to redo the plugin stuff, just send the render files out?

Probably less tax on the memory if you are playing from renders…

That’s what I would try anyway.

• Page: