fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Application to backup effects, titles, transitions etc. 08 Dec 2021 21:02 #117882

Hi,

is there any application to backup creative elements of Final Cut - effects, titles etc?
Yes, I can manually backup Final Cut folder in Users, ProApps folder i Library / Application Support as well.

But sometimes in a hurry - I might forget about something. Better not - Is there any app to create complete backup of those things? I don't know, something like MozBackup (easy, automatic backup of Thunderbird profile etc).

It's curiosity.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Joseph87.

Application to backup effects, titles, transitions etc. 09 Dec 2021 02:35 #117887

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
There are a lot of ways to do this. Most effects, titles, transitions and generators are located in the Users/Movies/Motion Templates folder. You can use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone that folder automatically or on demand. Some plugins not based strictly on Motion design are located in other various places on your Mac, so if you use Time Machine for routine backups you'll have all the plugins covered regardless of where they are stored (assuming they are all on the system disk). We routinely drag the Motion Templates folder to a couple archive drives and also do a full Time Machine Backup almost daily.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: