fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 08 Dec 2021 17:24 #117873

I love the notes field - I use it for time specific keywords and favourited segments of clips as well as transcripts using Speedscriber. But - is there a way to have another custom meta data column for 'additional notes' or similar field? Something which could enable a second notes field alongside keyworded time-specific sections? I'm hoping to be able to build story structure of a very complex narrative using chapters / scenes / notes, but don't seem to be able to have an additional notes field which works at the keyword / favourite level?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 09 Dec 2021 00:49 #117886

hmm I'm not clear on what you mean by "notes field that works at the keyword/favourite level" sorry....I think it might be that you want a second notes column? I just tried adding a "Take" column which allows you to type in whatever you want... could you use that for what you're trying to do here?

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 09 Dec 2021 08:12 #117891

Yes - basically I want. a second notes field. Sadly 'take' doesn't do what I need as I want to make 'more' notes on keyword selection, but take only works at the clip level (the entire clip).

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 10 Dec 2021 01:26 #117900

It looks like you're out of luck as my quick test shows that only the Notes field can have separate entries on clip and keyword/rating level.

Even when you create a custom field it only works on Clip level.

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 10 Dec 2021 06:02 #117915

• sc_fox
  • Thank you received: 14
I'm not exactly sure what you want or need, but for chapter length notes, or just a hack for additional notes:

Use a Basic title and delete the text (or use an "adjustment layer"). You can make a title as short or long as you need.
Right click on the title label of the clip in the storyline and Rename Clip - apply whatever chapter labels you need or a Chapter name. Then just use the Notes field as an Additional Notes (plus you have use of Reel, Take, Scene, Camera Angle and Location fields that are editable — and you can use the clip name to include even more data.) If you set them up right, they can be very multi-purpose.

I show how to set up the metadata in this video:

[PS - I'm not trying to sell you a product, just providing a how-to]

HTH

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 10 Dec 2021 09:17 #117916

Not sure if this is enough, but you can rename the “Favorite” itself, and it’s searchable like Notes is.

Custom Metadata 'additional notes' field? 10 Dec 2021 09:21 #117917

Thats an interesting idea - renaming the favourite. I wonder if transcription will be built into the next version, so there could be a transcript field as well as a notes field.. this would be so great for documentary.

• Page: