fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Burning timeline to Blue-Ray 08 Dec 2021 16:47 #117866

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am using FCP 10.3.4 on an iMac linked to a DVD Blue Ray recorder. I have attempted to burn the DVD from the timeline that indicates Blue Ray. The DVD recorder is recognized on the screen but cannot burn DVD directly from the timeline. Is additional software required?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Burning timeline to Blue-Ray 08 Dec 2021 17:14 #117870

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 686
What exactly happens when you try to burn a DVD?

Burning timeline to Blue-Ray 08 Dec 2021 17:32 #117875

• Nemo
  • Nemo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your response.

From the timeline I select 'Burn to Blue Ray' and nothing happens. The Blue Ray icon is displayed on the desktop of my iMac.

Burning timeline to Blue-Ray 08 Dec 2021 23:05 #117884

From the timeline I select 'Burn to Blue Ray' and nothing happens. The Blue Ray icon is displayed on the desktop of my iMac.

There is a difference between DVDs and Blu-ray discs. Maybe this distinction is where the problems lies.

I've never burned a Blu-ray, but have used my Blu-ray optical drive to burn DVDs (it has been several years now since I last burned a DVD!). My strategy with burning DVDs has been to export to an image file of the DVD from FCP (or Compressor) and then use Disk Utility to burn it to the physical DVD.

Burning timeline to Blue-Ray 10 Dec 2021 23:56 #117929

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
FCP is a long and sad lesson in frustration trying to do Bluray from it.

Export ProRes file. Command J to Properties. Check the boxes. To Roxio Toast. Change encoding from default 15 to max 26 mbps (Close to DOUBLES the data bitrate which discerning eyes should notice) and save as ISO. Modify the cheeeeeeezy default menus to something special if you need a title page or menu setup.

As long as you don't change out the underlying video file after the initial Toast render (say it takes 50 minutes to create the ISO file) you can try different menus and export an updated ISO file to test in a few minutes since the bulk of the data's already been processed and all you've changed is some low level graphic files.

Attachments:

Last edit: by VTC.
  • Page: