fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Custom title from Motion with Tracking points: keyframes cause tracking to stop. 05 Dec 2021 17:55 #117809

I created a title in Motion to use in my FCPX project. It consists of a rectangle with some text and a line coming out of it which is connected to a circle. I want to be able to animate the position of the circle and the bubble independently in FCPX using keyframes. I created a rectangle and a circle in Motion which I aligned with two dummy PNGs so that I can use tracking points. I created a bezier curve between the two PNGs and set up the tracking points accordingly. Everything is working fine in Motion, and also in FCPX I can independently move both the rectangle and the circle and the bezier curve connects nicely. However, as soon as I add a keyframe to the position of, for example, the rectangle, the bezier curve no longer stays fixed to the circle. From that point on it appears to be rigid.

Perhaps there is an easier way to accomplish what I'm trying? I'm just trying to create an explanatory rectangular element with a line towards a circle on the spot of the thing I'm trying to clarify. Since the camera might move, I would like to be able to have the circle (or the rectangle) move with keyframes (or even tracking).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: