fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multicam Angle Green Screen Backgrounds 03 Dec 2021 09:46 #117782

Hi Guys - New to the forum, the reason why I joined is because I found past articles and posts helpful and through if there was a place for me to get advice or an answer to my question it would here so here goes.

We shoot multi-cam interviews fairly often, in 80% of cases we use an-in studio background, and sometimes we use a green screen. Typically our setup is a wide shot and two medium close-ups for a 2 person interview, so 3 angles

My question relates to the green screen background from each camera angle. Our current workflow is assembling the multicam clip then adding the background, cutting to match every angle. The first background clip of each angle is then selected and adjusted for perspective, and then we use copy and past to paste attributes to matching angles on the timeline. This is fairly time consuming.

Is there a quick way to do this ?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Multicam Angle Green Screen Backgrounds 03 Dec 2021 18:15 #117789

The method we use is to create compound clips of each angle in the multicam, step into each compound and add the key and background. It's a little more upfront work but gives you flexibility to change your mind at any point during editing and not have to worry about the background. Another benefit is you can later change the background to something else and it will flow through to the edit.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: