fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 02 Dec 2021 05:23 #117760

• CHUKU
  • CHUKU's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a project for which I would like to do an Edit breakdown. So, I would like to fit my whole timeline which contains multiple adjustment layers, secondary clips, different layers of music, sound effects, dialogues, SFX, etc.
You can see the attached picture as an example. Shrink and/or fit all the elements of the timeline into a single so that I can do a Video on Edit breakdown.

Any help is appretiated.
Thanks
Chuku
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 08 Dec 2021 04:31 #117846

• CHUKU
Does no one have any Idea?
Been searching for a few days and found out that I need a secondary big monitor for this..

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 08 Dec 2021 11:19 #117850

You don't need a big monitor, but I believe you do need a secondary monitor. Any cheap monitor will do as long as it can connect to your computer. Once it's set up, just go to WIndow> Show in secondary display> timeline or press control+shift+command+p

You can decide which one is your 'secondary display' as well.

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 08 Dec 2021 13:32 #117854

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 686
Shift-Z is a Mac universal Fit To Window and works in the Timeline pane. Cmd with + and - zooms in and out of the Timeline (or pretty much any window on a Mac). Is that what you're asking to do?

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 09 Dec 2021 00:15 #117885

I think he is trying to 'full screen' the timeline, but I could be mistaken. I am not sure if it is possible on one monitor, but certainly possible on a second monitor.

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 16 Dec 2021 09:51 #118015

• CHUKU

I think he is trying to 'full screen' the timeline, but I could be mistaken. I am not sure if it is possible on one monitor, but certainly possible on a second monitor.
Yes, exactly. I am trying a full screen for the timeline only. As you can see in the attached, My timeline is very heavy and I want to do an edit breakdown and fit all the timelines on a screen.

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 17 Dec 2021 04:32 #118033

The only way I have been able to do that is with a second monitor hooked up. I'm not sure where you are based but you can get really cheap second hand HD monitors that will work nicely. Once it's hooked up, all you need to do is go to window>show in secondary display> timeline. That should fill the entire secondary display with your timeline only. You can also choose what you want to use as your secondary display in your system preference. So if you want to use your computer as the secondary display and the external monitor as your primary, this will full screen your timeline on your computer instead of your external. Hope this helps.
Attachments:

How to fit the whole timeline into a screen? 17 Dec 2021 06:37 #118034

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Talk about building a ship in a bottle... Methinks you should consider making use of compound clips. That way you could concentrate on one portion of the edit at a time and there'd be less chance of getting something inadvertently out of whack way down on the right while you're focused on tweaking something on the left.

Never have I needed to see a weighty timeline exploded apart all at once, three screens or no. Too much visual information for my pea brain to take in when I'm only concerned on the part I'm actively editing. Not interested what's happening at 9:14:37:03 displayed when I'm grading the girl at 46:55:02.

This is a thirteen hour timeline of twelve compound clips spread across two displays. You WILL need a second display to do what you want and have it beneficial.
Attachments:

Last edit: by VTC.
  • Page: