fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

in the light of actual events… 23 Oct 2021 08:05 #116919

any reason for loaded weapons on a film-set?
and why does Red Giant call its plug-in like mine from 2016?

fcp.co/forum/generators/25165-baeng-muzz...enerator-3d-for-sure
(in review, not bad for a hobbyists project)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

in the light of actual events… 23 Oct 2021 08:35 #116920

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 671
On a high end set, depending on several variables, real guns with blanks give the more real look. CG is not always possible with some scene setups. They are used every day, millions of times, and it is extremely rare that anyone gets hurt. People die in car crashes, but we don't ban cars, we increase car safety features and education. Yes, there is a need for prop guns, CG can't do everything.

I'd sue Red Giant if I were you. Folks sue for way less daily here in the states. LOL!

in the light of actual events… 23 Oct 2021 17:13 #116931

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 25

any reason for loaded weapons on a film-set?

Let's not rule out a planned murder that pegged an unintended target. It's been the subject of many plots (I'm thinking a Columbo episode for one) where there's a shooting on a film set where someone swaps in a live round. That one had the intended target getting plugged. A rehashed plot, yes, but intriguing none the less.

What are the chances of a bullet of the exact caliber being found in a pocket of someone on the set? I'd be looking for some uppity union worker amongst those that abandoned the set because it was deemed, by Union Local 55921, there were unsafe working conditions. What better way to make your point than to sabotage the 'scabs' to make their point? Maybe negligent homicide in that scenario.
- - - - -
Simply because there's no lead in the shell doesn't mean a fired round isn't lethal. All that energy and spent debris from the exploding charge packs quite a punch that you best be clear of.

in the light of actual events… 24 Oct 2021 05:41 #116935

… real guns with blanks give the more real look. CG is not always possible with some scene setups. … CG can't do everything.…

I guess, the whole genre of GUN FU-Movies relies on CGI :)
(just watch BTS of the John Wick series - not a single shot on set)

And a real fired gun doesn't sound nor its muzzle-flash look like the stuff I experience in movies - it's an effect.

Anyhow - a tragedy.

in the light of actual events… 25 Oct 2021 00:46 #116960

• Redifer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 85
Blanks add recoil which CG and post effects cannot. Unless they do a weird artificial move like they did with Han Solo's head when Greedo shot first. Anyway the gun was used on a firing range for target practice for some reason and then returned to the set. Lots of things went wrong and I'm sure some charges will be filed. Wouldn't be surprised if multiple people get charged because so much went wrong on that set.

in the light of actual events… 25 Oct 2021 04:41 #116962

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 671
Looking like the assistant director may have been the problem, there was a crew shortage due to a walkout, no one was checked for live ammo before or after, lots of problems on that set.
www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/entertainment/ale...ng-monday/index.html

Last edit: by Ben Balser.
  • Page: