fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Removing dirty Camera Spots 08 Oct 2021 15:52 #116633

Three small spots on video and can not re-shoot. I layered his face on timeline, did a draw mask/invert and his footage offset below will cover the three areas. But I need to track the face below to move with him or it gets messy. Ideas or plug-ins that track easily. Chris
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Removing dirty Camera Spots 09 Oct 2021 02:27 #116642

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
If the spots are due to to dust on the sensor (This happens on my Sony mirrorless sometimes) the flaws remain in the same geographic location constantly regardless if the focal length changes so I'm not certain why tracking needs to be employed (unless you're trying to visually remove a wart or skin blemish.)

Just today I had a customer faced with footage having a severe case of bad pixels on their footage. Had them send me a clip taken with the cap on from the offending camera and I created a node in Davinci Resolve using the Dead Pixel plugin. Works for dust and spots as as well by dialing in the 'clone' area size. Have tried some plugins with FCP but they're a pain and complicated to use. I typically round trip these things through Resolve.
Attachments:

Last edit: by VTC.

Removing dirty Camera Spots 09 Oct 2021 11:55 #116643

• zzchu
  • Thank you received: 7
I know Adobe Photoshop has a wonderful spot healing tool. You click on a spot in the photo and it fixes it seamlessly.

Depending on the length of clip, I once exported a clip into individual frames into a folder.
Photoshop can record the action of you healing one frame.

(I assume the spot is in the same place like sensor dust). You then batch apply "play" the recorded action to each frame. (Reassemble the frames back into video and reattach sound and voila).

Because you are repairing the same spot each time, even if the subject moves, it repairs what ever spot is and the surrounding area.

Removing dirty Camera Spots 10 Oct 2021 03:48 #116656

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
TrackX from. Coremelt

• Page: