fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Beginner user 24 Sep 2021 12:52 #116413

Hi There,

I've been using FCPX for around 2 months now to edit my video, while I do love how it work so well with M1 MBA, I've a few concerns I would like to ask and see if I can get an answer over here.

1. Does FCPX have a better default transition or can download for free?
2. Does FCPX have easy text animation without me need to use "Custom Title" to edit it?
3. Does FCPX have default element that is actually cool and useable?
or I really need to buy it from website like MotionVFX or others?

Thanks for reading..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

New Beginner user 24 Sep 2021 13:54 #116415

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
1. What do you mean by better? That's pretty vague. You can set any transition to be the default. As for free, almost all developers have some freebies, you have to just look around. I can't suggest anything because I've no clue what specifically you need.

2. What sort of animation are you looking for? You can create your own custom stuff in Motion, just like with transitions, effects, etc.

3. Again, very vague, what specifically are you looking for? What do you consider "cool"?

There are tons of third party stuff around: SVM, XEffects, Coremelt, Ripple Training, FCPX Full Access, Ryan Nagle, Stupid Raisins, PremiumVFX, LenoFX, SugarFX, FxFactory, MotionVFX, and so, so, so many more.
www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/resources/ecosystem/

New Beginner user 24 Sep 2021 14:11 #116416

I'm sorry for being vague, I think the easiest way to explain what I mean is, Filmora default transition, text animation and elements are available as you purchase the application and they look great
As for FCPX you either need to DIY with Motion or purchase it from other website, I know FCPX have the default stuffs as well but none of them are nice looking like the default one on Filmora unless you DIY or pay.

after a few research I kinda found out that.. FCPX are more customizable with what you want to do, like you almost have full control of what you want to do, more DIY.
As for Filmora it's very beginner friendly that's why they have a lot of easy drag and drop stuffs.
I just wish that FCPX have more nice looking stuffs without you need to purchase again on other website, consider it already cost 300USD.

this post became me nagging.. haha.

anw thanks for answering me.

New Beginner user 25 Sep 2021 04:21 #116418

75 'add on' transitions for free here:
fcp.co/forum/transitions

and you'll find dozens more on other sites.
That deep integration of Motion is one of the main advantages of M+FCP - if the hundreds of effects, transitions, generators FCPX comes with doesn't fulfill your needs, build your own!

beauty is in the eye of… e.g. you will find my soccer-ball transition I published here = I think, it's handy for my weekend's sport reports, but completely useless if your sports is baseball........

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

New Beginner user 25 Sep 2021 14:27 #116419

Apologies for hijacking this thread - but Karsten you've always been tremendously helpful in sharing the effects and transitions you've built to FCP community. Your soccer stuff is great. So what do you have against baseball?

New Beginner user 26 Sep 2021 04:03 #116425

... So what do you have against baseball?

LOL!
…and speaking frankly: on one of my trips to the US (anyone remembering? trips from EU >>US?) I visited a baseball game - most boring ball-sports one can imagine:
one guy throws a ball, another one beats it with a stick out of the stadium, while you eat hot-dogs - done.

… ok, let the shi** storm begin!! :)

New Beginner user 26 Sep 2021 10:27 #116430

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
I'm American, always found baseball to be way too slow and boring. But I have friends who love it. Seems to be all about the statistics. It's all personal taste. Then again, I see no appeal in soccer (EU football), one guy kicking a ball across a field while the others beat the s*** out of each other, boring. Hockey, same thing. Skeet shooting, YYYAAAWWWNNN...

New Beginner user 26 Sep 2021 13:18 #116440

Karsten, Karsetn Karsten . . . where to begin? Out of respect to the OP - who probably doesn't give a toss about a transition of any shape of "ball" - I'll (attempt to) keep this short.

Nine innings of baseball has often been compared to a dog's life: Long periods of boredom punctuated by short, swift stabs of exciting narrative. I won't argue the merits of that compared to any other sport, except perhaps golf.

However, how could any reasonable person (including most Germans) not love how baseball is scored?

By example, in soccer (and Ted Lasso notwithstanding) a team scores 1 point every time a player kicks the ball into a net. And the announcer screams "Goal!", the fans erupt and the scoring player slides across the grass, perhaps skinning his knees. He may also take off his shirt and merriment ensues as his teammates join in making funny faces. Okay, fine.

Now in baseball, when a player hits a ball it may just soar out of the playing field all together, over a monster green wall perhaps, and into the stands where a little kid might snatch it from the air - how wonderfull! Then the player who hit the ball scampers around the entirety of the infield (to thunderous applause) and arrives back at where he started - wait for it - Home. Home - where he is enthusiastically "hi-fived" by his teammates and the other players who may have also been on bases and who he also swept home. All that said, he scores 1 point plus the team racks up additional points for the other players on base. If the bases were "loaded" prior to smacking this "home run" the team would get 4 points in total and we'd call it a Grand Slam. There is poetry in that.

A Grand Slam - sounds like a great name for FCP transition.

Last edit: by thinkfilm.

New Beginner user 26 Sep 2021 21:04 #116442

• Albo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
If i may add my two cents.
A perfect game of baseball is when nothing happens and the pitcher manages to strike everyone out.
You sit and look at nothing happening...

New Beginner user 27 Sep 2021 00:07 #116444

Thank you, Albo, for that criminally neglected fact. There have been only 23 "perfect games" pitched in the over 150 years of Major League Baseball.

Last edit: by thinkfilm.

New Beginner user 27 Sep 2021 13:11 #116445

• Albo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I'm just not a baseball fan so I might be biased!
;-)

New Beginner user 27 Sep 2021 13:24 #116446

Games, perhaps, but no one's perfect. Ego te absolvo . . .

• Page: