fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 20 Sep 2021 11:55 #116360

With Siri now processing text on device with today's update of iOS 15 and coming soon the Mac with next month's Monterey update. I wondered if there had been any rumours of FCPX getting a native transcribing feature built in with the next big update? It would make a lot of sense using the engine now built into Macs. Has anyone heard anything?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 20 Sep 2021 15:23 #116361

I Hope.
Should be a really good response to the native transcription tool of Premier Pro !

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 20 Sep 2021 15:33 #116363

The Adobe tool is awesome, but processing is in the cloud, not on-device.

In the case of Apple/FCP, it's the usual disclaimer. Rumors are generated by people who don't know. And those that truly do know can't/won't say anything.
:)

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 10:56 #116367

FCP could clobber Adobe's transcription if done right, timecode / range locked in notes field (or a dedicated transcript meta data column) so you could do rough cuts just moving ranges of text down onto the timeline, or even just be favouriting and ordering favourites.. for documentary this would be stellar..... basically roll Speedscriber, builder, Trint into the app...

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 11:02 #116368

I totally forgot that Premiere has it built in now. Everything seems to be in place with on device Sire transcription functionality. Here’s looking forward to NAB online in October

*edited for clarity*

Last edit: by CBlakeston.

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 13:02 #116369

"FCP could clobber Adobe's transcription if done right,"

There's theoretical and there's actual. You are assuming Apple actually has interest in doing that. So far their track record isn't great. Captions are a good example. Last year and before, the FCP captions workflow was superior IMHO to Premiere. Both had some compatibility issues, however, I would turn to FCP for captioning work on Premiere projects, because it was better at that time. Then Adobe completely revamped its captioning methodology in Premiere (prior to adding transcription) and it fixed any issues I had in Premiere, as well as FCP. Since then, I haven't touched FCP for captions, because some of the bugs still haven't been fixed.

So yes, Apple could blow them away, but I'm not holding my breath.

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 13:04 #116370

"Everything seems to be in place for Sinai or functionality in FCP"

What does that mean? Please explain.

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 13:22 #116372

Typo. edited for clarity. I just meant the pieces are falling into place for this to happen.

FCPX on device Transcription coming? 21 Sep 2021 13:57 #116375

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
I agree, not holding my breath for anything substantial for FCP any longer. It is what it is and that's about all it ever will be at this point in time. So overdue for a major update it ain't funny.

• Page: