fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Simply moving a basic title to later in the timeline 20 Sep 2021 07:36 #116357

• Toto77
  • Toto77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - I will start off by saying that I am rather embarrassed to post this question. I am a complete newbie to FCP 10 and have recently started a trial to determine which video editing product to use going forward.

I have tried to search for an answer to, what I'm sure is, a very basic question but due to the keywords I'm searching for, I get a whole host of different answers back. I think that's the problem - I don't actually know what I'm searching for. I'm hoping someone here can help.

All I want to do is to drag a basic title to later in my timeline but, if I move it more than a little, it drops down over the top of another clip. I have attached a video:

drive.google.com/file/d/1a98hOqzrre4bbt6...L2a/view?usp=sharing

All I'm doing is having a rectangular box appear and then each bullet point moves into place as I talk. That's it. I just do not know why it keeps dropping down - anywhere aside from near the start of the title below it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I apologise for I'm sure is a stupid beginner question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Simply moving a basic title to later in the timeline 20 Sep 2021 10:15 #116358

Did you tried to make that title a secondary storyline before moving?

Simply moving a basic title to later in the timeline 20 Sep 2021 10:39 #116359

• Toto77
  • Toto77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

As it happens, within the last ten minutes I have managed to (sort of) resolve my issue. I basically started again with a new Project and this time I created each title from the tools menu. In my previous project I had copied a title (with the transitions, formatting etc) in order to save time. With the new project I didn't. Now I can move each layer completely independently and the issue doesn't happen.

Right now I have no idea if copying the titles cause the issue but I thought I would explain in case anyone else sees this.

I'm also going to go back and look at the potential solution you proposed. This is a very strange issue.

Simply moving a basic title to later in the timeline 21 Sep 2021 14:00 #116376

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 656
I bet simply relaunching FCP and deleting prefs and renders would have fixed it, also. But what I'm seeing in that video should not happen in FCP no matter what.

• Page: