fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 17 Sep 2021 07:28 #116285

I'd like to mark a position across all tracks.
How do I do this?

If I use 'mark' > 'markers' > 'add marker' then a marker gets added, but only on the track that is currently selected. This isn't much use to me.

I want to mark a position in the same place across all of the tracks. Not just one of them.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 18 Sep 2021 14:49 #116332

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
Praise Bob! Ah, such memories! Those were different times.

I don't think there is a way to do markers on multiple clips at one time. But that would be a cool function to have!

Don't fry with the pig-boys, pull the wool over your own eyes, praise Bob!

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 19 Sep 2021 05:09 #116352

…I want to mark a position in the same place across all of the tracks. …

you are aware, FCP follows a different concept (magnetic timeline) ? No such thing as 'tracks' …
What do you like to accomplish?

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 19 Sep 2021 14:47 #116353

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
Good mention, Karsten! And now that you mention it, I've never had need for this, so yes, why would you need markers across all clips in a "stack"?

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 19 Sep 2021 21:03 #116355

• VTC
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24

...why would you need markers across all clips in a "stack"?

Don't know what the poster is trying to achieve but I'll do this occasionally to verify visually all 'tracks' have remained synched. It's my way of checking if I've slipped audio or video inadvertently.

How do I mark a position in the same place across all tracks? 21 Sep 2021 13:54 #116374

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
I use Compound Clips for that, but yeah, that's something I could see someone using markers for. But since I can link all stems to the exact same spot on the Primary Storyline clip, why bother?

• Page: