fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 11 Sep 2021 10:37 #116194

I am using a Mac mini M1 with two monitors - an LG Ultrafine connected by thunderbolt and an Eizo Coloredge CG247X connected by HDMI.

When I'm colour grading using FCPX's scopes set to RGB Parade (or any setting actually), the panel is in full colour on the LG monitor but grey when I move the app to the Eizo monitor.

Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I can't find an answer anywhere.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 11 Sep 2021 10:51 #116195

Welcome to the forums!

Does this only happen with the Scopes? When you move the FCP Viewers to the Eizo, do you see everything in the right colors?

- Ronny

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 11 Sep 2021 12:09 #116196

Yes, just the scopes on the Eizo

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 11 Sep 2021 16:17 #116198

Got to the bottom of it. It was the HDMI connection. I switched to a HDMI to DVI cable and problem solved. Direct HDMI clearly is an issue with the Eizo at this point.

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 11 Sep 2021 21:46 #116199

Happy to hear you have found the solution and thank you for posting it. This is always useful in case anyone else would have a similar issue.

- Ronny

Scopes grey on Eizo monitor 12 Sep 2021 05:53 #116203

Ok. Just to clear this up and let Eizo off the hook :-) The cables weren’t the issue as the problem resurfaced within minutes of the new cable being used. New monitor firmware, colour management software and a full monitor reset finally solved the problem. Kudos to Eizo for a very fast response from customer service (even though I did eventually manage to sort it out myself).

• Page: