fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 01:20 #116177

• Yomny
  • Yomny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

So I'm exporting 4k videos, all content is in 4k and settings for exporting used are as shown in the attached photo. This is the second time that YouTube, after all HD processing is done, only gives me 1080p videos.

Are the videos too large? This doesn't happen all the time but its happened twice. Thanks for any guidance in
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 08:49 #116178

Are you watching YouTube on Safari? AFAIK Safari doesn't support UHD, so try looking at the video in Chrome.
Administrator

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 14:33 #116181

If it's not private can you post a link.

I'm seeing this in Safari for a 4K I uploaded

Attachments:

Last edit: by Tom Wolsky.

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 15:13 #116182

• Yomny
I am using Safari and the odd thing is that it was perfectly fine. I've been watching 4k videos on safari for quite some time.

I was able to find the problem based on some reddit posts. Turns out, the new Big Sur update seems to turn off VP9 decoder on battery. At some point I must have unplugged my MacBook Pro and it turned off the decoder, leaving me with only 1080p videos.

Seems to be a bug, even with the power adapter plugged in, the decoder wasn't working. Its working now after manually turning it on in the developer menu in safari.

Thank you very much for the help. I thought I was doing something wrong when exporting videos!

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 15:15 #116183

• Yomny
Here's the link for one of the videos that weren't showing the 4k option. They're all in 4k now. After the developer fix I posted earlier. Thank you for the quick assists.

Exported 4k videos for YouTube being compressed to 1080P 10 Sep 2021 21:08 #116187

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 64
On YouTube, Safari on Big Sur supports 4K. Safari on Catalina is only HD.

Last edit: by cseeman.
  • Page: