fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 05:08 #116156

• Sass
  • Sass's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all! I'm new to the forum, but I'm pumped to see there's info on Motion! Def wanna get more into that!

Anyway, I'm making a video series for TikTok, so I would like to rearrange my workspace so the video window just takes up the full height of the screen but off to one side. The timeline would still be on the bottom, but it wouldn't take up the full width of the screen. I'm on a single monitor setup, and there doesn't appear to be a way to actually adjust where the windows are in relation to each other, but I figure y'all might know something all the YouTube tutorials don't.

Pretty simple, but if you know the answer for sure, let me know. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 15:47 #116162

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 18:40 #116163

• Sass
No, unfortunately those pages do not have what I’m looking for.

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 19:00 #116164

Use feedback to make a feature request.

The Inspector can extend to the bottom of the screen, so there's no reason why the Viewer can't be, especially with the Inspector closed. It would be more useful as the unfortunate growth of vertical video continues.

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 19:31 #116165

• Sass

The Inspector can extend to the bottom of the screen, so there's no reason why the Viewer can't be, especially with the Inspector closed.

How would I achieve that? Even with just the timeline, browser, and viewer open, I can't figure out how to extend the viewer down. I tried double clicking the the bar at the top of the viewer and nothing changes.

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 08 Sep 2021 19:34 #116166

Hi Sass,

The answer is simple: you cannot do this with a single monitor. The only way you can achieve what you want is to have a second monitor, orient it in vertical position, and then choose Window > Show in secondary display > Viewers.

- Ronny

Is it possible to rearrange the windows within the workspace on FCPX? 21 Sep 2021 13:22 #116371

Have you tried to find any tutorials?

• Page: