Had a 30 min project which I started to share in H.264. Not to go into to much details it shared fine until it got stuck on 84%. After 20 minutes I got tired, and x’ed the sharing. The % jumped to 100%, and drop down underneath sharing said cancelling. After 2 minutes it all went blank. Like it was finished sharing.
The project has shared, and I have a finished video. Have any of you experienced this?
Be sure to check the final FRAME count on the export with the frame count in the timeline. I had one such instance where the total time count was identical but a mismatch on the numbers of frames suggested something amiss. This was a while back and can't recall the specifics but exporting again without it hanging up made me confident in the integrity of the final file.
It may not always be an option for people, but my process is to export a ProResHQ Master File version of my edit then using Compressor I'm able to make whatever H.264 or other versions I need. This way I know that I have a fully vetted export that didn't have any troubles with plugins or filters or whatever and thus doesn't need to try to deal with those on top of compressing the file as well. I've found it to be a very fast process generally and it also means I have a full ProRes files as well that I can back up for any additional versioning that the client comes back for. May not apply to your situation, but hopefully a helpful tip.
Thank you, Doug for your suggestion. I will go for this next time. No doubt!
VTC: The video looks the same, both in FCPX and final video, so I don't know what went wrong. I have lots of space on my hard drive, so that's not an issue. I was looking for a corrupt file, but couldn't find any.
This is so very odd. Had the very same problem yesterday. FC wouldn't export a complete file and conked out along the way. Sent to Compressor and the same thing happened - no final file.
In FCP I noticed the VISUAL audio wave form was absent for much of this one clip even though it played via headset. Took the original ProRes file, put into Compressor, then outputted an h264 file. Dropped THAT into FCP and I was able to see the audio wave and then the entire project outputted fine to completion.
Don't rightly understand why when everything seems normal but that's the vagaries of video.