I've been using my imac to edit for a long time and have edited RED before. Things sometimes go slower, but never ever like this. I mean at the rate it's going it could take 24 hours.
Below are the specs of my imac and details on the drive. I know i don't have the best options for drives and maybe my computer could be better. But based on my past experience, this is completely unusual. Any ideas?
- How much space do you have left on your boot drive? You should have at least 20% available space.
- If you use an external drive to store your FCP Media and/or Cache files, how is the drive connected to your computer and how much space do you have on the drive?
- Check if all your RAM is still functional.
If all the above is okay:
- Create a new admin user just for testing, then launch FCP with the new user account and check if this solves the issue.
If that does not help:
- Use EtreCheck to get a full report of your system's health: etrecheck.com/about
and post the EtreCheck report here.