fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 18:33 #116053

I keep getting this error. Anybody else have this issue?To use the “PhantomCine” preferences pane, System Preferences must quit and reopen.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 18:42 #116054

If this is the Phantom Cine Toolkit for MacOS, it doesn't work on Catalina or higher and it requires QT 7.6.6 to be installed on your Mac.

- Ronny

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 19:25 #116057

Oh no! Is there any other way to convert the footage?

Feels a little absurd that final cut requires a newer version to run and the plugin is being sold for mac without being able to run on fcpx. Must have missed a warning or something.

Last edit: by tstiefler.

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 20:11 #116058

Unless this is footage from the Phantom Flex 4 and the clips have been recorded in ProRes, this has little to do with FCP as the clips need to be converted externally before they can be edited.

Can you tell me the kind of Phantom camera that has been used for the shoot and the format of the footage? Most Phantom RAW clips are image sequences.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 20:30 #116059

If the footage is in the .Cine Raw format recorded on the Flex4K, you can use the free version of Resolve to convert it to an editable format. However, Resolve does not understand the metadata included with the CineRaw format. So, your colors may be off. You should process raw settings for CineRaw in Séance first. This is an older explanation of the process, but still valid:

www.sharegrid.com/articles/quick-post-pr...r-the-phantom-flex4k

- Ronny

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 20:45 #116060

It looks like that's another glue tools product. So I'm guessing it won't work with my operating system?

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 21:20 #116061

Séance v3.0 Lite should work unless you have a Hackintosh, which is not supported at all.

There is a free demo mode that you can try before you buy.

- Ronny

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 21:42 #116062

Ok cool! So put it in seance, do something there, and then I can edit it in FCPX? Or do I need to go to Da Vinci Resolve and do something there too?

Thanks again for all your help.

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 21:50 #116063

My pleasure. Do you have the Phantom files on an external drive or are they still on Cinemag camera drives?

- Ronny

Can't get Glue Tools to work for converting Phantom Footage 31 Aug 2021 22:10 #116066

It’s past midnight here, so I’m off to bed. If the Phantom footage is on an external drive, you won’t need Séance at all. Just read the explanation in the link I have posted and follow the steps starting at “Import”

- Ronny

• Page: