fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Answering a FCP7 > FCPX Inquiry Received from Stephen 02 Jul 2021 23:07 #115305

• VTC
  • VTC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Got a message relayed from the Forum here but there wasn't a way to respond to the sender since the system masked the 'reply to' data I needed.

I guess try again maybe using the PM approach. This is the 1st time I couldn't send a reply off Forum.

Hi there. I'm sorry to bother you, but I saw your post regarding converting FCP7 to FCPX. I have one file that I would like to convert of a project I made a number of years ago, but like TEO I do not have a old version of FCP seven running on an older OS.

I have read the thread but I'm not able to complete what it was that you said at the Mary end. I have a friend that can convert the XML file for me, but it is still in FCP7 format.

I won't need all the assets. I can open the FCP project file even though it'll have a bunch of missing file warnings and then save it so it can be opened in a version FCPX can read. As long as you have the original assets it should be no problem relinking everything and then away you go.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: