fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to get black background "behind" secondary timeline b-roll? 23 Jun 2021 19:10 #115128

Can someone help me with how I can quickly set all my b-roll (photos and video), above main timeline to have a black background by default? Right now I can see the main talking head interviews overlapping and don't want to fix each frame one by one.2 answersLikeComment

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to get black background "behind" secondary timeline b-roll? 23 Jun 2021 19:34 #115129

You can either put a black generator underneath them, or prep them in a graphics application so they’re the right aspect ratio for the screen with a black border as needed.

How to get black background "behind" secondary timeline b-roll? 23 Jun 2021 23:07 #115131

• Redifer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 85
You can also cut out the video underneath, being careful to also not cut out the audio (I always detach the audio from the video as a general rule).

There's no way to do this automatically in any NLE if the image you're dropping in is smaller than the underlying video.

Last edit: by Redifer.

How to get black background "behind" secondary timeline b-roll? 24 Jun 2021 15:19 #115159

Thanks all, I got the answer from another forum. The way I fixed it was to add a custom title generator (top left, titles, generator, custom, solid, black) and inserted it below each block/group of b-roll that was in the secondary timeline (which I had grouped with cmd-G). Then adjust the length of the black generator to match the b-roll group. This was pretty fast.

How to get black background "behind" secondary timeline b-roll? 25 Jun 2021 04:39 #115171

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 652
Or build a custom Generator in Motion that has a black background layer.

• Page: