fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to copy an event outside FCP? 11 Jun 2021 13:34 #114957

Hi everyone! I have a big library that just won't open. On trying to open, FCP freezes (the spinning ball). I've got 85gb disk space free, I've deleted render files, opened FCP with an empty library, cleared preferences, the lot. Still no joy.

I've put way too many events in the problem library – maybe that's the issue. I'd like to move/copy one event out of the problem library. Is there a way to do this, without opening the library itself? FCP Library Manager doesn't seem to help. Copying the hidden folder in the finder into a new library gives me a broken library.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How to copy an event outside FCP? 11 Jun 2021 14:30 #114961

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 651
You can only move Events from one Library to another inside of FCP.
I have Libraries with dozens of Events and no issues, that my not be the culprit. I'd look at 3rd party effects you used in that Library.
85 GB by itself means nothing without knowing the total capacity of the drive. For example, a 1TB drive needs at least 150 GB free space. So, if you have a 1 TB drive, you've gone far beyond filling it.

Last edit: by Ben Balser.

How to copy an event outside FCP? 11 Jun 2021 21:06 #114964

Thanks! I've copied the library (without media) to other SDDs, 95% empty, and still get the beach ball on opening library in FCP. How do I deal with 3rd party effects? Can I disable in FCP without deleting the plugin? I noticed some audio effects were problematic in FCP after upgrading to Big Sur, but worked fine in Reaper.

How to copy an event outside FCP? 15 Jun 2021 17:15 #115003

Daft question but - do you have access to another machine that is faster in someway?

Also you can obviously try and copy the library and all the contents to an external. Then copy the project - drag that in and then open a fresh version ???

I use this a lot.

Have you done inspect contents right click and had a look in there?

I always start fresh library, event and project. But you don't need to hear that now.

How to copy an event outside FCP? 15 Jun 2021 17:15 #115005

and this?

• Page: