fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Camera Lens Blur-effect in Final Cut Pro?! 10 Dec 2020 17:26 #111392

Does Final Cut Pro have a camera lens blur-effect that simulates the blur (including the bokeh) of a real camera?
I can find the gaussian blur, but that is a very old, outdated and unrealistic way to simulate camera blur.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Camera Lens Blur-effect in Final Cut Pro?! 11 Dec 2020 01:11 #111406

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
There is a focus blur, but for bokeh, you'll want to create one in Motion or find a third party one that works the way you want.

Camera Lens Blur-effect in Final Cut Pro?! 23 Jan 2022 02:24 #118609

Yo, I was looking for a solution on the internet to this exact problem, but couldn't find one. So I figured it out myself! I've been experimenting recently in motion. If you have motion, you can open a copy of gaussian blur in motion by right clicking on the effect in fcpx and selecting "open a copy in motion." then on the timeline, select the gaussian blur track and delete it. then, while you have "effect source" highlighted, click "filters" at the top of the screen, blur>defocus. then it should show up under the effect source. on the top-left of the screen, click "inspector" and make sure you're under the "filters" tab. if you hover to the right of each parameter, a little downward arrow should appear. click the arrow and select "publish" from the dropdown menu. do this for every parameter. this basically adds a control to the effect for each parameter so you can adjust them in final cut. now just save it with cmd+s>save original. and then you can open it up in finder and rename the folder to what you want the effect to be called. I called it "lens blur". it should show up in the final cut "blur" section after you've saved it. if you are having trouble with this, respond to this post or hit my YouTube @Nathan Read (you'll see valorant edits) and I can make a YouTube tutorial for better explanation. good luck on your video editing endeavors!

Camera Lens Blur-effect in Final Cut Pro?! 23 Jan 2022 04:15 #118611

… blur>defocus…

a 'real' Bukeh effect asks for a separation of foreground and background. Gaussian and defocus blur the whole pic. I'm still on Intel, so no hands-on here with the new Masking features…

• Page: