fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multicolor SVG Font displaying in FCPx or Motion [displays in Font Book] 09 Dec 2020 17:25 #111363

Hi, I was wondering has anyone had any success in getting an OpenType SVG Font [.OTF], which is multi-color, to display in FCPx or in Motion in the font's native color scheme?

I can get it to install fine on Mac OS Mojave, and I can preview it in the FontBook. I can use it fine in a document (Libre office document, selecting the font). In FCPx and in Motion I can see the font, and it shows it [in preview] in its correct original color scheme.

But as soon as I add it as a Title [Basic Title] in FCPx it just shows in White, losing all its colors.

The font in question is per the below:
license: Freewarelink: www.fontspace.com/multicolore-pro-font-f49758

and in fontbook it will install as Multicolore Pro Regular, and it can be seen fine in font book.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Multicolor SVG Font displaying in FCPx or Motion [displays in Font Book] 21 Jul 2022 09:46 #121518

Hi, I was wondering has anyone had any success in getting an OpenType SVG Font [.OTF], which is multi-color, to display in FCPx or in Motion in the font's native color scheme?

I can get it to install fine on Mac OS Mojave, and I can preview it in the FontBook. I can use it fine in a document (Libre office document, selecting the font). In FCPx and in Motion I can see the font, and it shows it [in preview] in its correct original color scheme.

But as soon as I add it as a Title [Basic Title] in FCPx it just shows in White, losing all its colors.

The font in question is per the below:
license: Freewarelink: instazoom.mobi/instagram-schrift/

and in fontbook it will install as Multicolore Pro Regular, and it can be seen fine in font book.
Thank for you website

Multicolor SVG Font displaying in FCPx or Motion [displays in Font Book] 02 Aug 2022 14:30 #121677

Wow! I didn't know there was such a thing as color fonts. Thanks for the heads up! They aren't widely supported yet though. I found this site that has more info, and a list of software that supports them: www.colorfonts.wtf.

Your best option for now would be to use a piece of supported software and export a transparent png or pdf. I tried it with Pixelmator Pro and it worked well. Other than that, put in a feature request to Apple. www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro/

Multicolor SVG Font displaying in FCPx or Motion [displays in Font Book] 02 Aug 2022 18:08 #121681

Update: FxFactory's free Manifesto plugin allows you to use Color SVG fonts in Final Cut, Motion, Premiere, and After Effects!

fxfactory.com/info/manifesto/

• Page: