fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Move connected clip to playhead position? 13 Jun 2015 15:26 #65487

• Betancourt
  • Betancourt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi friends,
Is there any command or shortcut to move a connected clip to playhead position? Many times I need to close a gap between connected clips and doing it manually is not very responsive in my machine (macbook pro late 2013 Retina) so it slows me down.

Pablo Betancourt
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Move connected clip to playhead position? 13 Jun 2015 17:41 #65491

Not aware of any that will snap it over to the nearest connected clip. You probably already know that if you're close the , and . keys will move the selected clip 1 frame at a time and using them with the 'shift' key will move 10 frames at a time. For longer moves dragging with snapping on (N) seems to work well for me. YMMV.

Of course neither way will do anything about your machine responsiveness. Hope you find a simpler faster method - I'm sure you're not the only one who would benefit. Maybe a feature request to Apple?
Ed

Move connected clip to playhead position? 14 Jun 2015 15:09 #65512

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
If you're zoomed out too much your mouse won't have the accuracy or speed you're looking for. Zoom in enough and it works great. But no, there is no keyboard shortcut, but the function would be handy at times. Feedback form time.

Move connected clip to playhead position? 15 Jun 2015 06:37 #65524

Group-select the two connected clips, press CMD+G, delete the gap clip.

EDIT: I see this is a double post. Tom has already suggested the same solution in the other post.

- Ronny

Last edit: by ronny courtens.

Move connected clip to playhead position? 15 Jun 2015 07:23 #65526

I am not sure this other way would be more efficient or « passe-partout » but you could (once clip to move is selected as illustrated) put skimmer on selected clip, « shift F » to match frame, « back space » to delete selected clip, then Q to connect at « play head ».

This is not to delete GAP but to connect at play head …

Move connected clip to playhead position? 31 Aug 2022 15:24 #122064

Bringing this years-old thread back to life because I was just trying to figure out a way to something similar, and I found this thread while searching for an answer.

While I don't have a direct solution, I do have a straightforward indirect solution.

In your example, the clip you want to reposition is selected, and you want that clip at the playhead.

Solution: Cut. Paste.

Done.

Move connected clip to playhead position? 31 Aug 2022 20:43 #122072

** Command+X (cut), Option+V (paste connected, not to primary)

Last edit: by dmetz. Reason: Fixed key. Ugh. XD. Thanks Terry!

Move connected clip to playhead position? 31 Aug 2022 23:02 #122074

Command+x to cut, then Option+v

• Page: