- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
10.0.8 and mvericks??
13 Feb 2014 17:22 #41085
by Seany
10.0.8 and mvericks?? was created by Seany
Sorry I cant find this topic discussed in the forum but is FCPx 10.0.8 compatibel with OSX Mavericks??
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Tom Wolsky
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-
13 Feb 2014 17:29 #41086
by Tom Wolsky
Replied by Tom Wolsky on topic 10.0.8 and mvericks??
Yes.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
13 Feb 2014 17:32 #41087
by Seany
Replied by Seany on topic 10.0.8 and mvericks??
Thanks, I've heard never to download a new osx mid project but it's very necessary that I do so right now, why is this, what issues can I expect?
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- MadsLarsenNielsen
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 2
14 Feb 2014 22:23 - 14 Feb 2014 23:16 #41183
by MadsLarsenNielsen
Replied by MadsLarsenNielsen on topic 10.0.8 and mvericks??
At our production company here in Denmark we simultaneously updated two machines running FCPX 10.0.9 to Mavericks. This was in November. Basically we updated OSX to see how FCPX would perform. And yes, Mavericks was compatible with 10.0.9. But in the weeks following we experienced so many OSX crashes when editing in FCPX - that we simply decided to roll back OSX to Mountain Lion.
Only when FCPX 10.1 was released in December we updated to Mavericks.
And on some machines we even waited until 10.1.1 came out in January before updating with a clean install of Mavericks and a clean download of the 10.1.1. app. We are seeing the best performances in FCPX on these machines.
So maybe you shouldn't update to Mavericks mid-project. I don't have experience with Mavericks/FCPX 10.0.8 - only 10.0.9 but that wasn't a lovely day. Maybe you should wait?
Only when FCPX 10.1 was released in December we updated to Mavericks.
And on some machines we even waited until 10.1.1 came out in January before updating with a clean install of Mavericks and a clean download of the 10.1.1. app. We are seeing the best performances in FCPX on these machines.
So maybe you shouldn't update to Mavericks mid-project. I don't have experience with Mavericks/FCPX 10.0.8 - only 10.0.9 but that wasn't a lovely day. Maybe you should wait?
Last edit: 14 Feb 2014 23:16 by MadsLarsenNielsen.
Please Log in to join the conversation.

