fbpx
3 Post Moderation Rule for New Boarders (25 Jan 2021)

New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.

Mac Pro Release...Delayed? (MacMall)

More
06 Dec 2013 16:24 #35234 by soarininmotion
Something new has appeared on the MacMall site over the weekend. Last week I almost posted that the "Reserve Your Mac Pro Now" button midway down on the left on MacMall's site led to a "This Page Is No Longer Active" notice. Not surprising since the release is imminent. www.macmall.com/n/Mac-Pro/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.225
Today, however, this link displays a hugh new ad that offers up to $1,000 for your 2010 Mac Pro when it arrives Next Month! Since this just popped up over the weekend, does this mean the Mac Pro will now arrive in January??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 16:31 #35237 by daviddelreal
Hmmmm.....so "Coming in December" may mean "Pre-order in December"???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 16:33 #35239 by Tom Wolsky
Or that's when MacMall anticipates receiving its allocation. I'm sure Apple will prioritize its own retail and online delivery chain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 16:50 #35240 by Makki
Nothing new from Apple about delay. So it will be in december store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/mac-pro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 17:05 #35243 by daviddelreal

soarininmotion wrote: Something new has appeared on the MacMall site over the weekend. ....Since this just popped up over the weekend, does this mean the Mac Pro will now arrive in January??


It may have been posted on November 30th (Saturday) and thus next month refers to December and they haven't updated the ad to reflect the correct month.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 17:30 #35246 by Disproportionate Pictures
I think retailers are trying to serve their customers without a firm ship date from Apple.

While I'd love to see the MacPro and 10.1 arrive next week, I think we should be prepared to wait until the week of the 16th.

I think this has everything to do with component supply from Intel, AMD, etc.. Apple doesn't want to launch with no stock and immediate shipping slips to 30days on BTO options.

That's my take- the natives are getting restless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 17:39 #35247 by daviddelreal

Disproportionate Pictures wrote: ...- the natives are getting restless.


LOL...that's for sure!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 20:28 #35253 by Seanus
It wouldn't surprise me if initial supplies were constrained. I'd be delighted if when it launches I could go down to the Apple store and pick one up. Especially here in Oz.

I remember when the G5 launched and you could go down to the store to LOOK at one. (It was behind glass like a precious jewel) I just hope I can get one before January is at a close.

Sean Lander - Editing since 1982 - AVID 1991 - FCP 1999 - FCPX 2011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2013 01:43 - 07 Dec 2013 01:45 #35261 by BenB
I have a business account with my local Apple retail store, and they're prioritizing Mac Pros to us. They've already surveyed us to see what type of configurations we're looking for. They know me well, that I'm a cert'd trainer, etc, etc, etc, and from what they have been told by the Mother Ship, it will ship this month. If there is a delay, no one (not even Apple personnel) will know until the last minute.

Check out what you can sell a 2010 Mac Pro for on eBay. A lot more than $1K.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2013 01:45 by BenB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.