fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

OMG, not FB, too... 18 Dec 2015 19:25 #71612

• BenB
  • BenB's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
I used "Jaracanda" found in the audio browser, iLife > Jingles. I've no clue who "Walter" is, or what his song sounds like, but I did have to fill out the necessary form with FB, and this video for my wife is up. What the heck is FB doing?

OK, I did look it up, and guess what? OMG, same thing, pretty much! Did Walter use an Apple loop to publish his "allegedly" original music? Or did Apple purchase this from him to use?
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009EFIIDI/2...rsion*=1&*entries*=0
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BenB.

OMG, not FB, too... 18 Dec 2015 20:30 #71614

• anickt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 59
Interesting!

I'm willing to bet it's the former... :ohmy:

OMG, not FB, too... 18 Dec 2015 20:53 #71616

• ButchM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I've run into this as well, which is why I no longer use YouTube for my own works at all and just won't upload any videos to FB either. I just post a link to the embedded Vimeo player on my site instead.

Every instance where I have had an issue with perceived infringement, it was concerning royalty free audio that was either included in one or more various Apple apps ... or audio I bought through iTunes that the title/artist/album actually contains the terms "Royalty Free" in them.

I used to take the time to dispute such things on YouTube (I won each and every dispute by the way once I furnished them a link to the iTunes source) but moved my attentions to a pro account with Vimeo instead. Since doing so, not one single instance or issue ... in over two years now.

OMG, not FB, too... 18 Dec 2015 23:30 #71618

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 261
Uploading purchased music license receipts to YouTube got old for me too, and I no longer use any of the social media sites for this. I'll bet Twitter and Instagram are not far behind.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

OMG, not FB, too... 19 Dec 2015 06:20 #71621

… Did Walter use an Apple loop to publish his "allegedly" original music? Or did Apple purchase this from him to use?…

no proof in a forensic sense but ....

and don't dare to use the "VIntage Drum Kit 03" in Garageband... generates a note, you're abusing Umbrella/Rihanna ... :woohoo:
Attachments:

Last edit: by Karsten Schlüter.

OMG, not FB, too... 19 Dec 2015 08:10 #71624

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Great detective work, Karten! So this guy just used the loop elements that make up this piece, and called it his own original? Wow, that's pretty lame...

OMG, not FB, too... 27 Dec 2015 02:12 #71741

i see that someone is still using ilife music . PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! I'm editing and no longer have ilife. it just disappeared!. i have deleted fcp and reinstalled. still no jingles. can anyone simply explain how i can get it back???

OMG, not FB, too... 27 Dec 2015 02:14 #71742

can anyone please help me??? i need ilife sound effects back and they seem to have disappeared. i can pay or whatever i need to do but they are no linger in my fcp. i have already tried deleting app and re installing... PLEASE PLEASE HELP

OMG, not FB, too... 27 Dec 2015 15:43 #71760

• VidGreg
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Hi Wesley, Welcome to the forums.
You should really start a new thread(Topic) and pose your question(s) there.
If you no longer have iLife on your computer then you will need to re-download from the App Store. They are now separate apps if I remember correctly.
ILife sound effects are separate from FCPX. Are you talking about iMovie / GarageBand sounds?
You can also look for the files in your System>Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple
or System>Application Support>(App Name)
You may have to create Aliases for FCPX, and this is why you should make a new Topic.

Hope this helps, Greg

OMG, not FB, too... 27 Dec 2015 15:56 #71761

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
If you have iLife at one time, you still have it. FCPX simply isn't registering it. In the Audio Browser, be sure to pull down the drawer to see all the folders. If it isn't there, verify it is installed to start with.

Attachments:

• Page: