fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Short music documentary from Uganda; made for the My Rode Reel competition. 09 Jul 2015 20:27 #66337

• simonpwood
  • simonpwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Quick and easy documentary. Filmed with a 5Dmk3, audio recorded to a Roland R26 recorder with a variety of Rode Microphones.

vimeo.com/133075360

I commissioned a remix of a song we used in the very first Rode Rockumentary competition, and a made a kind of sequel to the original movie.

The official blurb:

In 2012 we entered the Rode Rockumentary film competition with our documentary 'Soundcheck'. It didn't do very well, so for the 2015 Rode Reel competition we decided to come up with an entirely new idea. But we couldn't think of one, so we just did the same story again and 'Soundcheck -The Remix' was born!
But this time, instead of focusing on how technology (like Rode microphones) enables musicians, we decided to go back to our roots and explore our musical heritage. Tradition and technology side by side.
Inspired by the cultural music and instruments of Uganda we remixed the original song using traditional acoustic instruments. Then we fused this with modern dancehall beats to create a genre new to the Ugandan music scene. But as always the question remains: will anyone dance to it?
Find out in Soundcheck - The Remix!

We were shortlisted in the Documentary Category, and got a finalists medal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by simonpwood.

Short music documentary from Uganda; made for the My Rode Reel competition. 13 Jul 2015 14:32 #66435

• simonpwood
  • simonpwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 42
So this is the companion piece to it; the behind the scenes video.

The official blurb:

This is the companion piece to 'Soundcheck - The Remix'.
Usually Behind-the-Scenes videos compliment the main video, but this is actually better than the main documentary. Bonus! It also fills in some of the story that we were not able to fit in the main video.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by simonpwood.
  • Page: