fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Budapest, Hungary 06 Feb 2015 21:19 #59424

This video is about my girlfriend's and mine short trip to Budapest, Hungary in January 2015. Budapest is attractive underestimated European capital with its own spirit. Thermal baths are really awesome, especially outside in winter.
Shooting
This is my first video shot using DSLR.
The Budapest video has been shot on Canon 60d using two lenses Sigma 30mm f/1.4 and Zenitar 16mm f/2.8. Because of the 1.6 crop factor of 60d images look not so much distortive from fisheye lens, I like them a lot. Shots in Szechenyi thermal baths were made on GoPro 3+. Every shot has been made handheld without a tripod.
Post-production
I’ve made this video using Final Cut Pro X. This is amazing software to organize and set your shots in to the right place. All the steady images you see were made in post using After Effects Warp stabilizer. In my subjective opinion, Warp stabilizer from AE works much better than FCPX’s proprietary stabilizer. Unfortunately, it is a little a hard work to put in place all the shots using FCPX then stabilize them in AE then put them back to FCPX again.

vimeo.com/118943115

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by valgussev.

Budapest, Hungary 07 Feb 2015 07:32 #59431

negative comments with explanation are appreciated!

Budapest, Hungary 13 Apr 2015 05:44 #62571

I liked it.. really good.

Negative comments .. well, I'm not qualified having only had FCPX 1 week. Prior to this (for years) I've been using windows moviemaker ...

However, 2 things, the music at times could have been a bit more upbeat with faster scene changes and (for example) the changing of the guard I would have matched the drill to the beat of the music ... even if it meant slowing the vid down or speeding it up or changing the music for that section.

But hey dude ... I know phuckall ... But I enjoyed the video.

Budapest, Hungary 13 Apr 2015 06:35 #62572

Hi Valeriy,

I enjoyed the video, well done! Love the way you play with DOF and the fact that you haven't used any cheesy effects or transitions. I love pure images and cuts. I agree some rhythmic changes could make the result even more compelling, but you have talent both as a filmmaker and as an editor. Great to see a video from an FCP X user in Russia. Keep up the good work!!

- Ronny

Budapest, Hungary 13 Apr 2015 18:19 #62620

Thank you guys, I appreciate your replies!
Nice to know some of good and bad sides of the video, will try to do my best in the next works.

BTW, is there a name of such video genre where whatever city with it's people and style appears at the foreground?

Budapest, Hungary 14 Apr 2015 15:39 #62698

Apart from a few flickering scenes that I would put in your place, let's say you've done a good job.

:lol:

• Page: