fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New user, struggling with bubble placement on thought bubbles included with FCPX 26 Dec 2020 07:07 #111731

Hello, all.

I'll start by saying the learning curve for fcpx is kicking my tail a bit, but I've hit a brick wall.

Editing a video at 1080x1350 for Instagram use. When I add the thought bubble title that comes included with fcp, the bubble starts off the right of the frame. I understand that to move it back into frame, I need to use the text placement and not the image modify, but this still isn't working for me. The text moves independently where I need it, but the bubble image is still cut in half when I try to move it into view. I've tried looking this up, but all im finding is people wanting to sell plug-ins, which aren't quite in my budget yet. I have used this feature just fine when I'm working in 1080, but I can't seem to figure it out in this vertical Insta resolution.

Screen shot is attached.

I'm sure the solution is simple, but it's eluding me.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New user, struggling with bubble placement on thought bubbles included with FCPX 26 Dec 2020 13:24 #111733

The solution isn't simple. Someone might have a third party bubble that works correctly. What I did was make a standard 1920x1080 project. Put the speech bubble it and set it in the way you want, like upper left. Select the title and make it a compound clip. The compound will be in the browser as well as the 1920 project. Go back to your Instagram project and put the compound from the browser into the project. You'll have to double click the compound in the project to go into it to change the text.

Last edit: by Tom Wolsky.

New user, struggling with bubble placement on thought bubbles included with FCPX 26 Dec 2020 16:35 #111742

• Ben Balser
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 687
There are lots of third-party word-bubble templates that work great. The Speech Bubbles in the Elements category work fine for me. Ripple Callouts has a good one, also.

New user, struggling with bubble placement on thought bubbles included with FCPX 26 Dec 2020 16:39 #111743

Don't know how it's built but the FCP Speech Bubbles doesn't work correctly in vertical video formats.

New user, struggling with bubble placement on thought bubbles included with FCPX 26 Dec 2020 17:36 #111746

Thank you, that's making more sense. It's more the vertical video format that's killing me, I guess. I used it fine on a 1080p video. I'm such a low-level user, that I didn't know if I was missing a simple solution. Kinda like when I first started golfing and didn't know if it was me or the clubs that caused the problem. lol

• Page: