fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 16 May 2015 07:47 #64572

I'm editing a short film that has some serious sound issues. I have RX4 but it is best to edit the audio outside of Fcpx. I decided to give Logic 10.1.1 a try as RX4 works great within Logic. I have broken apart the clips and cleaned every unused audio file from the time line, something I had already done in FCP. When I import the XML to Logic, things are scattered all over the place. The first 2/3 of the movie wasn't too bad just spent 8 hours moving audio files up into place which is ridiculous since they were already properly located in FCPX. Now the last 1/3 is chaos. This forum seems totally dead so I'm guessing Logic to FCPX is pretty much a joke at this point as no one else must be using it. Just thought I'd post to see if anyone has come across ideas or to help someone else with similar problems realize it's not a smooth transition. The two programs simply don't seem to communicate that well at this point and you will spend exorbitant amounts of time trying to use them together. Maybe I'm missing something huge don't know but at this point I think I'm about to give up the FCPX to LPX idea.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Parso.

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 16 May 2015 11:15 #64584

• BenB
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1278
In the beginning, FCPXML imported horribly into LPX, and going back to FCPX was even wore.

Then an update came along and everything worked great.

Then another update came long and it all fell to crap again. Which is where we are with it today.

So in order of get Apple's "pro apps" to work together properly, you need to purchase X2Pro , which sucks having to spend money on a 3rd party solution for something that is built-in to the apps in the first place.

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 16 May 2015 15:41 #64595

Thanks Ben. Look forward to an update!

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 16 May 2015 18:25 #64602

Thanks Ben. How well does X2Pro work between FCPX and LPX? I've read some mixed reviews. I hate spending more as you say for something built in but don't know how long until the problem is resolved.

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 09 Jun 2015 09:19 #65379

I've found that the only way to make them to collaborate is to export audio from FCPX selecting "Roles as separate files" and then import them in Logic after opened the Movie.
I usually create Roles and SubRoles depending of what I need to do in Logic: if needed I make up to a dozen Roles and/or SubRoles into FCPX so to have deeper control of the audio while mixing.

Logic doesn't seem to work with fcpx 09 Jun 2015 14:15 #65385

Ben, thanks for all the info you're sharing.

It's really frustrating that FCPXML isn't a workable solution At All. In my current workflow, I would like to finish the audio almost completely in FCPX itself and use Logic (or any other solutions) just for the finishing touches. But exporting via XML or via X2Pro renders all my audio work in FCPX undone :(

Please Apple, make this workable!

• Page: