fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2nd hand MacBook for FCP advice needed 28 Aug 2022 15:58 #122008

• Sugref
  • Sugref's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,
I do a lot of editing work for a youtube channel with final cut pro. I bought an imac just under a year ago which handles the job very well and I also had to buy an external hard drive to help with storage. My life circumstances have recently changed and I am between 2 houses a lot. I cannot do any editing at the other house and so am considering buying a second hand mac book to bring with me in order to continue working.
I'm relatively new to Apple and am not at all familiar with mac books. My question therefore is which model would be the best to go for to edit on with a budget of less than 1000 euro. I would need to run photoshop and safari at the same time to create resources for the videos.
The machine will solely be for editing and I am hoping to have a relatively similar experience on it as on the iMac. If anyone has a different suggestion please feel free to make it, perhaps someone has a better idea!
Any help gratefully received and thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2nd hand MacBook for FCP advice needed 29 Aug 2022 03:28 #122012

One thing to keep in mind is that both machines need to be running the same version of FCP. This may limit the MacBooks that you can choose from. You will also want to put the Library on an SSD that you can transport between the two Macs.

2nd hand MacBook for FCP advice needed 29 Aug 2022 22:30 #122025

• Sugref
  • Sugref's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Noted Larrie I'll definitely bear that in mind, thanks !

2nd hand MacBook for FCP advice needed 31 Aug 2022 00:28 #122058

For 1.000 euros you should be able to get a M1 MacBook Air or Pro. Those are fast machines for most of the tasks in FCP and they should be in good shape as they will not be very old. In my opinion even a base model of those MacBooks (8gb and 250gb SSD) will be a better deal that any other MacBook that you will be able to get for that amount of money.

Last edit: by MotionFX.
  • Page: