fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apple Interview: How the Mac Studio Was Built for the New Generation of Creative Pros 24 Mar 2022 10:49 #119620

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 402

We sat down with Xander Soren, Director of Product Marketing, Pro Apps, Tom Boger, Vice President of Mac & iPad Product Marketing and Shelly Goldberg, Senior Director, Mac & iPad Product Design.

Read more...
Administrator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Apple Interview: How the Mac Studio Was Built for the New Generation of Creative Pros 24 Mar 2022 15:24 #119621

• alex4D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 246
Glad to see Xander Sotren's public debut as Director of Product Marketing, Pro Apps. I hope the 'very enthusiastic’ Final Cut and Motion commenters treat you well.

I also hope that you're able to share more publicly in future.

Apple Interview: How the Mac Studio Was Built for the New Generation of Creative Pros 24 Mar 2022 16:54 #119622

So, other than getting the MacPro over to the Mac Silicon, it feels like the hardware and OS are where they need to be so that they can start focusing on the ProApp features that are missing that would make it more appealing to the advertising and motion picture industry. I know, that's not the only professional market, but there are so many editors I've either talked to directly or read their articles online that say it's a deal-breaker that FCP doesn't have "x-y-z" feature as a built-in feature. Therefore, they won't even give it a spin no matter what benefits it might have for them. Ultimately, I suppose it doesn't matter, but still...

Apple Interview: How the Mac Studio Was Built for the New Generation of Creative Pros 24 Mar 2022 19:36 #119625

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
I can't stress enough the importance of having features built rather than dependent on the excellent plugin ecosystem. Having to use plugins for missing features drives up the cost of ownership and when you have to hand off projects you now depend on others having the same plugins... and that further drives up cost.

Where FCP is strong is that one can design things in Apple Motion and distribute them to a team for standardization and certainly third parties may do similar and offer for sale to add templates, titles and transitions

I love the FCP plugin ecosystem and it's important for ease of use for solo operators but once you get into plugins for certain features, not otherwise built-in, collaborative work they can hold back the growth of FCP use.

• Page: