fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 17 Mar 2022 15:34 #119598

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 402

We now know we have a couple of new features coming from Apple in Final Cut 10.6.2. Dupe detection and better Voice isolation using ML in the Inspector.

Read more...
Administrator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 23 Mar 2022 14:14 #119599

• cseeman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
It's good to see Apple permitting the presentation of issues before a release. One can hope this might be a change in the policy of (long) silences between updates for the Pro Apps. It's interesting that even a .x update can create some buzz when they do that. Hoping it's a change in Apple PR strategy

Last edit: by cseeman.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 23 Mar 2022 17:00 #119604

Although dupe detection has been a long time in coming, the implementation shown in Steve's video looks pretty nice. Same for the ML Voice Isolation. Too bad that it requires Monterey.

Last edit: by Oliver Peters.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 05 Apr 2022 00:53 #119799

Hope they fix the issue when you render more than one HEVC file at the same time, FCPX or Compressor fails. So this happens when FCPX and Compressor try to render HEVC at the same time or when you set up multiple HEVC exports/files at the same time and have additional Compressor instances in the preferences. I submitted a ticket about a month or so ago to Apple.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 11 Apr 2022 08:02 #119889

New features coming in 10.6.2........... Next year it seems...... Don't understand Apple releasing their Mac Studio, Flagship Mac at the moment and not releasing FCP 10.6.2? I mean the pro apps team managed to sort logic out for the release? Does the logic team work for a different company that can stick to deadlines? Thought they all worked down the hall from each other?
Really makes me worry that FCP is just slowly dying and there is no urgency from Apple to actually innovate and beat the likes of Resolve and Premier. I mean its an improvement that they show pre released software but I mean 3 weeks after Mac studio release and you still don't have an optimised piece of software?? Disappointed.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 11 Apr 2022 15:27 #119896

• Doug
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20

New features coming in 10.6.2........... Next year it seems...... Don't understand Apple releasing their Mac Studio, Flagship Mac at the moment and not releasing FCP 10.6.2? I mean the pro apps team managed to sort logic out for the release? Does the logic team work for a different company that can stick to deadlines? Thought they all worked down the hall from each other?
Really makes me worry that FCP is just slowly dying and there is no urgency from Apple to actually innovate and beat the likes of Resolve and Premier. I mean its an improvement that they show pre released software but I mean 3 weeks after Mac studio release and you still don't have an optimised piece of software?? Disappointed.

I would personally prefer they take the time they need to make sure it's as rock solid as possible than rush to release at the same time a piece of hardware is announced. The current version of FCP on the Mac Studio is still spectacular. I'm as excited about the new features as anyone, especially Dupe Detection, but that doesn't diminish the current version in any way. Frankly, I WISH I could have a Mac Studio to run even the current version of FCP/Motion/Compressor.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 11 Apr 2022 22:01 #119929

"Does the logic team work for a different company that can stick to deadlines? Thought they all worked down the hall from each other?"

No, they are not in the same geographical location.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 12 Apr 2022 18:52 #119957

Does Dupe Detection work in the browser at the Event level? We have multiple editors populating our central cloud storage all the time. It would be great to just be able to grab the entire content of a folder drag to an Event and have Dupe Detection tell which clips have already been imported. Or better yet warn us upon import which clips have already been imported.

Dupe Detection and ML Voice Isolation Coming in 10.6.2 12 Apr 2022 20:25 #119960

I tried out the Duplicate Clip Detection today. I brought down the same clip twice and it detected it successfully. However, it stopped detecting them as duplicates when those same two 60FPS clips were re-timed to fit in the 30FPS timeline, even though they were both re-timed to the exact same value and were therefore exact duplicates again. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

• Page: