fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 08 Feb 2021 11:30 #112540

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 402

Work a remote machine running Final Cut Pro or share your live edit session with Splashtop.

Read more...
Administrator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 08 Feb 2021 17:22 #112541

• peteramwiggins
  • peteramwiggins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Administrator :)
  • Thank you received: 402
Oh - and a big thank you to John and also Dan T in Ealing for helping out
Administrator

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 08 Feb 2021 18:08 #112542

I'm curious about how other screen sharing software would work. I gave up TeamViewer because of the expense when i could get Jump Desktop as part of my setapp subscription. I'll have to try Jump and see how well that works. They have a similar client side sharing app that isn't the full utility.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 08 Feb 2021 19:00 #112546

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Yeah, TeamViewer just nose dived into oblivion. Our TV station switched to ConnectWise. Because of a write up I found somewhere else last year, I set up a Splashtop account for my personal/professional use outside of the station. Loving it so far!

Last edit: by JoeEditor.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 09 Feb 2021 03:19 #112560

Jump Desktop all the way. It supported audio streaming early last year, and also a low-latency setting. Updates often and works/sets up easily via google auth. I use my iPhone iPad and laptop to connect and edit from the office all the time. It’s flawless. And it switches audio config seamlessly so you don’t have to. Also auto sizes displays, and has great key input support.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 09 Feb 2021 11:24 #112567

Great article. I'm hoping to be using this soon on a doc I'm assisting on.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 09 Feb 2021 12:30 #112568

• joema
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 520
Anybody on a Mojave and later can use the screen sharing and remote control built into Messages: support.apple.com/guide/messages/screen-sharing-icht11883/mac

I've done this on remote FCP sessions and it was usable but somewhat laggy. Turning off the skimmer was best. There is also an issue of limited control over remote volume. I could hear the remote FCP volume but I wouldn't want to edit audio that way. Despite some limitations, MacOS screen sharing is built in and doesn't require purchasing or installing anything.

The Splashtop video Peter posted showed good skimmer performance in the event browser which is impressive. It's great to see better options are being developed. Thank you for posting that.

Last edit: by joema.

Work or Share Final Cut Pro Remotely with Splashtop 22 Feb 2021 03:54 #112851

If you can live with the quality hit, zoom works well . Just set your zoom client to see your desktop, and use FCPX as usual. You won’t get remote control, but for casual 2 way discussions it works well, depending on your connect speeds.

• Page: