fbpx
fcp.co logo transparent
fcp clapperboard
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 11 Mar 2021 19:27 #113324

• tim
  • tim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there. In 2013, a 10-minute animated film was produced to help people understand a rare disease called Amyloidosis. The video is made available for free through AmyloidosisSupport.org

www.amyloidosissupport.org/amyloid_aware.html

Because of recent medical advances, the foundation desires to update the video with new information (again to distribute freely). Michael York (actor and amyloidosis survivor) has volunteered to record new audio, but unfortunately we do not have easy access to the original dialog track because the original film was edited in FCP 7 and we no longer have access to the software to open and export the final dialog track.

I'm looking for someone who is running FCP 7 to open the original file and export 3 separate audio tracks:

- Dialog only
- Sound Effects Only
- Music only

I'm willing to pay a professional rate for the 1-2 hours it may take to download and export the files.

Thanks,

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 15 Mar 2021 01:51 #113398

• VTC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I cranked up FCP7 a few months back to export an updated XML file for some chap. Maybe all you really need is a current XML that FCPX can read like he did. Give that option a try first as it won't necessitate reacquiring / relinking all the assets. I'll give it a shot.

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 15 Mar 2021 02:17 #113400

• tim
Thanks, I think you're right. I had a current FCP user try to export the files, but he couldn't open them without the XML files, which I don't have.

If I understand correctly, you're saying you may be able to export the XML files for me, but that someone else would need to use those to open the original FCP file and export the audio?

I'm willing to try if you are! I have the original files on Dropbox. If you send me an email I can send you a link.

What is your hourly rate and how long do you think it would take?

Thanks!

Tim

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 15 Mar 2021 17:08 #113414

• VTC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I can do it either way but what I think all you need is to take the FCP7 xml file and update it to a FCPX xml file. That way you can do all the heavy lifting on your end without me having to retrieve the files and do the separation or whatever you need to do.

If I open your FCP7 xml I'll get an entire project with missing files warnings. I can still export that, warnings and all, to a FCPX 10.4 or something xml, send it to you, and then you relink the files on your end.

Is there any way to PM me here with the Dropbox link and such? I'll try the simple and quick xml > xml trick first and if that doesn't jive well on your end we can go the separate dialog, SFx, music route.
- - - - -
Just noticed a mail thinggie in my profile. Post something there.
- - - - -
Got it now after a closer read. You have NO original xml files. Still, Dropbox the stuff you have and I'll have a run at it.

Last edit: by VTC.

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 15 Mar 2021 18:04 #113419

• tim
Thanks so much! I just emailed the Dropbox link. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 17 Mar 2021 18:44 #113452

• VTC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sent you a message. There wasn't any Project 2 file, only 1, 3, 4, & 5. Didn't bother relinking some video (no shot 2b in the file package) because apparently you're only listed in the various audio tracks.

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 17 Mar 2021 19:17 #113453

• tim
Thanks! Yeah, don't worry about the video elements...I'm just interested in the Audio. Let me go back to the original Editor and see if he has the Project 2 file. Really appreciate your help!

Need to export audio from FCP 7 file 18 Mar 2021 19:19 #113476

• tim
Hey there, I just spoke with the original editor, who said his FCP files should just be 1 file, so the numbers must be versions. Based on that, I think AmyloidAware5.FCP is probably the latest. If you're able to use that to quickly export the audio tracks, that would be great. Otherwise, I have another way I may be able to recreate the audio.

Thanks,

Tim

• Page: