Final Cut Pro 10.6.9 includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
• Take advantage of the flexibility and dynamic range of log-encoded video shot on iPhone 15 Pro.
• Enhance the look of footage shot on popular Fujifilm, DJI, and ARRI cameras using new log profiles.
• Fixes an issue that could cause Motion templates to not respond to the Opacity setting.
Version 10.6.9 • 4.7 GB
Also, new Pro Video Formats @ System Settings / General / SW Update
The fix list is not comprehensive, and it may contain other fixes. Also the wording of a given fix may not indicate the scope of what symptoms it addresses. Each item is a simplified one-line description.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Motion templates to not respond to Opacity parameter adjustments.
- Fixes an issue that could cause duplicating a project to result in the original project opening in the timeline.
- Fixes an issue that caused some Canon 4K 24fps media to not be recognized properly.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the app to stop responding when the Share menu was opened.
- Fixes an issue where a background render would sometimes not complete when stabilization
or rolling shutter were selected in the inspector.
Well, that stinks. Hadn't noticed because all my tracking is done through either CoreMelt or Motion/FCP built-in.
I'd like to think this is a big enough issue that Apple will have a fix sooner rather than later. I like to think lots of things, disappointment is not uncommon.
Thanks for the link!
EDIT: Feedback sent to Apple
As a wild guess, it may be that Apple has ported some new code from the iPad version to the macOS version and it (since the iPad doesn't support plugins) screwed up support for certain plugin operations on macOS. Or, Apple may be getting sloppier than ever. It is quite sad that even bigger 3rd party developers don't seem to have access to beta versions of FCP, so that they can test things prior to a new release. It makes the 3rd party developers look a bit foolish, even though it's not their fault; they have to play "catch up" with each new release if issues arise.
An update may take longer... after 10.6.9 where do you go with version numbers, besides 10.7.0? That number may be reserved for a new "larger" update coming in the next month or two...
I do hope it's not something that has cut the 3rd party developers like FXFactory off at the knees (where the functionality is now gone, or something that requires a major revision to work with FCP).
Fortunately, 10.6.5 has been stable for me. Staying put without any expectations of a better experience with any newer version...