fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 09 May 2022 14:11 #120451

As a refresher to a thread I wrote in the past, every couple of weeks I take two items:

1. A Zoom exported video (w/ audio)
2. A WAV audio file from a mixer

And import them into FCP. I then audio-sync the two and drop the audio from the Zoom for a much better sound.

But something different happened yesterday...

When we ran our church service, our primary Zoom account was muted for a period of time. This means that part of the Zoom audio is silent. In the video, you can see someone talking, but there is no sound.

When I import the mixer audio and sync it against the Zoom video/audio, what's going to happen? Will it still try to sync or will it barf and my only choice is manual sync?

I've not been given the materials to try this yet; that won't happen until later this week. So, I thought I'd ask before I waste my time trying to do it automatically.

Thanks all.

m

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 09 May 2022 14:50 #120453

• dgwvideo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
If only a portion of the audio from the zoom is missing, I think you'll still be OK. The wav file from the mixer should still sync up against the zoom waveform, especially if it has a successful starting point. You'll also have the remainder of the zoom audio after the missing portion, so there should be sufficient audio to create sync. If all else fails, you can manually sync the audio from the mixer which should be possible by nudging the start point. You may want to consider using a clap or a quick tone at the beginning of your services to help align audio when these types of situations arise.
Creating history....one edit at a time !

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 09 May 2022 14:53 #120454

I'll give it a shot. I know there's a way to move the audio after a sync if it's not matching up somehow. I don't know how to do it. I think the term is "slip?" I found some information in the manual but I couldn't make it work like described I probably need to watch some videos.

This was a weird circumstance. It hasn't happened in ... gosh ... easily 50+ sessions. It was strange.

But if I can figure out that slip thing...

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 09 May 2022 20:59 #120461

You wouldn't need to slip it. Inside your multicam clip, you'd activate the Position tool (on by default when you enter the clip) and simply drag the audio file left/right to the spot you want it.

Regardless, I think if you've got a portion of matching audio in the Zoom clip, your audio track should still sync properly.

Last edit: by dmetz.

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 09 May 2022 21:02 #120462

Okay I'll see what happens after I try the sync. I hope to be able to try later today...

What happens if I don't have audio to sync against? 11 May 2022 23:06 #120494

Every thing worked fine! I didn't have any troubles!! It all synced up.

• Page: