fbpx
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
{JFBCLogin}
25 Jan 2021
New boarders will have their posts moderated - Don't worry if you cannot see your post immediately.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cross Dissolve 'Film' with ease out as default? 21 Jan 2022 06:50 #118570

• bjrE
  • bjrE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anyone come up with a decent work around for creating/saving the cross dissolve transition with 'film' setting and ease in/out parameters as default to save changing that every time?

I have spent too much time on this now in an attempt to 'save' time in edits that any time saved will not likely make up for my deep dive trying to figure this out, but now I'm committed and I can't turn back. I realise you can't open the Cross dissolve effect in Motion because it's probably a built in effect right and not created in motion (right?) So I can't change the settings and create a new version.

Is the only option to create a custom fade in/out transition in motion? If so, what magic do they do to make it a 'film' cross dissolve vs the (IMHO) inferior and jarring 'video' default.

Thanks in advance to any wizards out there willing to help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cross Dissolve 'Film' with ease out as default? 21 Jan 2022 09:52 #118571

Try this (you can download free trial)
fxfactory.com/info/hawaikisuperdissolve/
Amazing

Cross Dissolve 'Film' with ease out as default? 21 Jan 2022 14:46 #118582

• JoeEditor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • bbalser.com
  • Thank you received: 701
Yes, the built-in cross fade is coded, not built in Motion, so you can't modify it.
There are several others on the market, the different being in how they handle luma and gamma levels during the fades to look more film like.
And yes, FxFactory would be an excellent place to start looking.

Cross Dissolve 'Film' with ease out as default? 28 Jan 2022 06:25 #118668

• bjrE
  • bjrE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the answers Ben and Buhardilla. There are some great options there. I am happy with the generic one, was just hoping to save a few clicks along the way. For anyone else interested in this... the best free workaround I have come up with is to wait until the end of the edit then use the timeline index, select all the cross dissolves in the project and change the settings to my preferred one. You still have to manually change them, but at least you only have to do it once per project.

• Page: